Quote Originally Posted by JPerkins View Post
A little pirep from my experience so far.
When coming into land during the flare the plane used to just kind of mush through and plop into a three point. Now if I try to land it that way it will actually balloon slightly. So I come in slower and lose elevator authority. To remedy this I installed gap seals from cub crafters. They help on the landing but I need to work on technique. Where I really noticed the gap seals is on take off. Full forward on the controls and as soon as the plane starts moving the tail comes up.
With me and half fuel the plane gets off the ground about 35-38 mph indicated. That's a solid 5-8 mph less than before the vg's and wingtips. I give most of that credit to the vg's.
Haven't had a chance to do stalls yet. Tires showed up today, so later this week I'll get those on and go do some stalls. 20200515_125928.jpeg20200517_120919.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app
Jason are those the foam gap seals from Cub Crafters? Do they have an STC for Pacers or did you have to go another route for approval.

They are another small thing I may add to the list of things I'd like to do on my new to me Pacer right away, before I get too far into my tailwheel training.