Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewart Wingtip Install/ wing overhaul.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Stewart Wingtip Install/ wing overhaul.

Looking at the original W&B and equipment list for the PA-22-150 shows the landing light. Likewise, the TCDS does not list item 302 as required equipment, so it isn’t a required part of the TC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgapilot View Post
    Looking at the original W&B and equipment list for the PA-22-150 shows the landing light. Likewise, the TCDS does not list item 302 as required equipment, so it isn’t a required part of the TC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Your right, my bad. Thanks for pointing that out

Sent from my SM-G930V using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Mostly painting panels, so not a lot going on. Just a bunch of busy work. Did get my suntail installed and just tonight got the rib interlacing on. Should be able to move right along with the fabric.20200216_111050.jpeg20200222_185231.jpegIMG_20200226_064045_940.jpeg20200227_123506.jpeg20200227_174521.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like

Started on the fabric finally. After talking with folks, decided to felt the leading edge. Applied the poly padding then wrapped the leading edge and glued the fabric to the spar cap strips.
    Shrunk the fabric then will glue the top and bottom pieces to that fabric. Both wings now have the leading edges done the the right has the top on.
    The Fabric Pro iron came in just in time for this project. It's designed specifically for fabric work, doesnt need calibrating, doesnt shut down after being on for a period of time and doesn't have a big temp swing from the temp you set it at. Needless to say I'm quite happy with its performance. 20200228_182903.jpeg20200228_192441.jpeg20200229_140831.jpeg20200229_163059.jpeg20200229_175415.jpeg20200229_175721.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Awesome, I want to know more about this iron, really tired of bi-metalic switches and temperature swing of classic irons.

Post Thanks / Like

Jason, nice work.

I PM'd you about cruise speed changes converting to the Trimmer (PA1 type gear. I had forgot that you went from T-Pacer gear to Trimmer gear. Some people think Cub gear slows the plane down. I would like to know actual information. The only information I found on the SC site was that going from bungees to Maule oleo's helped cruise.

I know that some of want seems obvious isn't the case. Such as longer wings on a Pacer has very little effect on cruise.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Fabricprousa.com he is also sharing a booth with polyfiber at sun'n'fun. Yes its spendy but if you've ever had a crap iron ruin a fabric job your working on you understand that it pays for itself just in the labor alone to replace the damaged fabric. If you see him there tell him I said hi!

I'm going to hazard a guess that the uncovered gear with hydrosorbs hanging out in the wind is what makes the cub gear draggy. With the oleos and covered gear I bet it would be negligible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not getting a bit on fabricprousa.com

Post Thanks / Like

Where did you buy the Fabric Pro iron and what brand name and size did you get.
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

Just talked to Steve and apparently the website went down. He contacted the web developer and said it should be up within 24 hrs.
    Sorry about that folks.
    I know Steve personally so I bought mine direct from him. When the website is up you can order it there, or from Steve at sun'n'fun. There's only one make/model and that is it.1583112854169.jpeg