Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 337 for Vagabond PA17 for C85-12 Starter

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 337 for Vagabond PA17 for C85-12 Starter

The FAA website will not usually show the engine the aircraft is modified with but the engine it left the factory with. My Dad's Clipper is a perfect example, still shows the O-235

Post Thanks / Like

You can’t rely on anything under the airworthiness heading on the registration I query site. FAA doesn’t keep that portion up to date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Engine up grades rarely show up on the FAA registration database. I installed an O-320 in my Clipper in 2000. The FAA still shoes the O-235.

Post Thanks / Like

How the heck can I Find STCs or 337s. Where and how? It's hard to track something down unless someone has past paperwork they are willing to share. Even a C-90 would help because it is heavier than a C-85. It gives us a proof of concept and will save me a ton of money getting a DAR or DER to approve the install. Sharing information is such an important thing. Everyone here have been so helpful and kind. Thank you guys for everything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by taildragger View Post
    How the heck can I Find STCs or 337s. Where and how? It's hard to track something down unless someone has past paperwork they are willing to share. Even a C-90 would help because it is heavier than a C-85. It gives us a proof of concept and will save me a ton of money getting a DAR or DER to approve the install. Sharing information is such an important thing. Everyone here have been so helpful and kind. Thank you guys for everything.
    Most (but not all) STCs are listed on the FAA RGL web site. As for 337s, do
    Like everyone else does, find the N# of an airplane that has the alteration you want to copy and pay the $10 to get a copy of the FAA file for that airplane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I believe these have C85’s and wing tanks.
    N4699H, 4571H, 4612H

Post Thanks / Like

you can add N4582H to the list. I posted the wing tank field approval on this site somewhere.
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by taildragger View Post
    If you had used the search box in the upper right corner and searched for VAGABOND WING TANK you would have found this link :https://www.shortwingpipers.org/foru...bond-wing+tank and on post #46 is a 337 for Vagabond wing tanks plus a whole lot of other pertinent information about the installation. SEARCH BOX is your friend.