Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Insurance

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2020 Insurance

Out of curiosity, are most owners keeping hull insurance, or just liability? Been debating this with another short wing friend (not on this forum). I'm not for or against at this point, but curious others do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kchansen View Post
    Out of curiosity, are most owners keeping hull insurance, or just liability? Been debating this with another short wing friend (not on this forum). I'm not for or against at this point, but curious others do.
    The big thing to remember with hull insurance, insure it for the maximum you can! If you have a loss, and you are under insured, they take your airplane and only give you the value it’s insured for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgapilot View Post
    The big thing to remember with hull insurance, insure it for the maximum you can! If you have a loss, and you are under insured, they take your airplane and only give you the value it’s insured for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yeah. This. Insure it for what you would need to replace it, not what you paid for it, and remember there's a deductible, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kchansen View Post
    I look at it like I can't afford to lose my airplane or the amount it is worth so I have always had full coverage.
    Last edited by Steve Pierce; 02-02-2020 at 08:48 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

I renewed in October. I was told to expect an increase, it ended going down $7.

Post Thanks / Like

Renewal just cam in with a $22 increase. Our big jump was last year so at least I'm happy it's stable. $40k hull Zero deductible, $1m liability.

The insurance agent did provide the following articles concerning the increases.

AVIATION INSURANCE MARKET INFORMATION.pdf

Why Aviation Insurance Rates are Blowing Up _ Flying.pdf
    Last edited by smcnutt; 02-07-2020 at 02:22 PM.
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I got my 2020 bill this week. Up 12.5% and it was expensive to begin, as I am a low time VFR only Pilot. Oh well at least I have it. Only insured hull for what I paid for plane 3 years ago, all I can afford. Now all we have to have is a loosening of the stay at home order so I can fly. Airport is only 1.5 mi away but off limits. Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brian heidt View Post
    Well, I got my 2020 bill this week. Up 12.5% and it was expensive to begin, as I am a low time VFR only Pilot. Oh well at least I have it. Only insured hull for what I paid for plane 3 years ago, all I can afford. Now all we have to have is a loosening of the stay at home order so I can fly. Airport is only 1.5 mi away but off limits. Brian
    Got my renewal quote last week. It went up $150 for the year.
    Brian, Not flying? Mine is hangared 40 minutes away. I've been flying a lot (for everyone's safety) social distancing vertically.

Jan

Sent from my SM-G892A using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Ryd View Post
    Got my renewal quote last week. It went up $150 for the year.
    Brian, Not flying? Mine is hangared 40 minutes away. I've been flying a lot (for everyone's safety) social distancing vertically.

Jan

Sent from my SM-G892A using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app
    I wish Michigan has some of the strictest stay at home executive orders. as our Gov. said last week “One extra trip to the gas station could kill granny.” With my luck I would get the thousand dollar ticket. No flying till May, that is the soonest, sadly. No work and no play definitely makes for a cranky guy. Glad you can still go out in Co

Post Thanks / Like

We have near lockdown here in UK. We can go out for essential food shopping and 1 hr local exercise (walking or cycling) per day but not much else more.
    Also working from home wherever possible. Key workers (quite a long list) can continue working.
    Social distancing (min of 2 metres/ 7ft) is what the UK Gov. is pushing hard for all to comply with. Generally folks seem to be complying.

Nearly all commercial airlines in UK/Europe have ceased operations other than for freight and rescue flights.
    Regarding GA we can do one 30 min "engine maintenance" flight every 30 days. Quite strict rules on complying.
    Also some UK airfields remain closed as they feel the public relations issues (of Joe Public seeing/hearing GA flying during the lockdown) could be difficult to deal with...
    TonyN