Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2020 Insurance

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2020 Insurance

Out of curiosity, are most owners keeping hull insurance, or just liability? Been debating this with another short wing friend (not on this forum). I'm not for or against at this point, but curious others do.
    CFII -- Owner - 1950 Piper Pacer
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kchansen View Post
    Out of curiosity, are most owners keeping hull insurance, or just liability? Been debating this with another short wing friend (not on this forum). I'm not for or against at this point, but curious others do.
    The big thing to remember with hull insurance, insure it for the maximum you can! If you have a loss, and you are under insured, they take your airplane and only give you the value it’s insured for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgapilot View Post
    The big thing to remember with hull insurance, insure it for the maximum you can! If you have a loss, and you are under insured, they take your airplane and only give you the value it’s insured for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yeah. This. Insure it for what you would need to replace it, not what you paid for it, and remember there's a deductible, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kchansen View Post
    I look at it like I can't afford to lose my airplane or the amount it is worth so I have always had full coverage.
    Last edited by Steve Pierce; 02-02-2020 at 08:48 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

I renewed in October. I was told to expect an increase, it ended going down $7.

Post Thanks / Like

Renewal just cam in with a $22 increase. Our big jump was last year so at least I'm happy it's stable. $40k hull Zero deductible, $1m liability.

The insurance agent did provide the following articles concerning the increases.

AVIATION INSURANCE MARKET INFORMATION.pdf

Why Aviation Insurance Rates are Blowing Up _ Flying.pdf
    Last edited by smcnutt; 02-07-2020 at 02:22 PM.
    “Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education.”
    ― Victor Hugo