Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Insurance

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2020 Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeepdad View Post
    Just paid my premium which hasn't changed in the 4 years I've been with them. I'm feeling fortunate about that reading the other posts here.

Tim
    Who are you with?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suris.murphy View Post
    Who are you with?
    https://www.usi.com/property-casualty/aviation/

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so I'm seeing hull values in the 25k to 40k range, I know that I would never see what I've put into it but was wondering what the value of a just restored 52 PA20 135/150 with an O/H O-320-A2B, everything new or overhauled with Stewert wing tips, covering and oil cooler mods, Steve's gascolator and skylight, mods, 8.00x6 tires and disc brakes, sealed struts, as the major mod's. Value is for insurance not sale.
    Bob Didisse, McCall, ID.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idahopacer View Post
    Ok so I'm seeing hull values in the 25k to 40k range, I know that I would never see what I've put into it but was wondering what the value of a just restored 52 PA20 135/150 with an O/H O-320-A2B, everything new or overhauled with Stewert wing tips, covering and oil cooler mods, Steve's gascolator and skylight, mods, 8.00x6 tires and disc brakes, sealed struts, as the major mod's. Value is for insurance not sale.
    I'd pick a higher value. $50k probably. What's in your panel? Nav/Avionics and Radios can affect price quite a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Avionics not special, King KX 155 w/ KI 109 and Garmin GTX 327 w/ GDL 82, also has EI UBG 16, fuel flow and volt/amp gauges.
    Bob Didisse, McCall, ID.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Insure it for what it takes to replace it because if you damage it the insurance can total it and then sell the salvage if it cost them less than paying for the repair. I have had to write an appraisal several times to justify a fresh restoration when requesting a high hull value.

Post Thanks / Like

Like Steve, I had to justify the hull value I was asking for my 195, a couple of pictures convinced them.
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

Mines insured for what it would cost to replaced it, not what I could sell it for. Big difference. A couple of pictures and detailed restoration explanation and they insured it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suris.murphy View Post
    Last year my premium went down $75 from the previous year. The company was changed due to the previous carrier no longer doing private pleasure coverage. This year the new company bails as well. Premium going from $676 to $1046. $30k hull and basic liability, PA 22/20, and I have a ton of hours.
    My wife and I are each 12,000 hour Airline pilots, didn't seem to make any difference to them. We have it insured for 60k (it's a brand new rebuild) replacement. I'm pretty sure that is the bulk of the cost. My Luscombe is the same price, but 20k replacement.... It's just a rip off up here in the north. We are not too far off of what everyone else is paying.

Pat and Lisa
    C-FMLJ
    PA-22/20-180
    https://instagram.com/dragonflystol?...=1qek1oa6jiejm

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Looks like the insurance companies are going to again stick it deeper to us.