Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADS-B Deviation Authorization Preflight Tool (ADAPT)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ADS-B Deviation Authorization Preflight Tool (ADAPT)

I live in under Class D airspace as well. They have radar and call me out to traffic as a Cub even though I my be speeding by at 125mph.
    I do not talk them when flying my Vag. We have an agreement that as long as we are east of the Class D airport and below 500’ AGL we are free to come and go at will.

Post Thanks / Like

Well was no different than any other time flying into that class C prior to adsb, funny thing is when I asked ground if there was any info I needed to give them regarding the adsb deviation from my ADAPT authorization, they had no idea what I was talking about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Kansas City was turning away non-working ADS-B aircraft last week.

I listen to our Comm frequency at work all day. Yesterday it had been quiet and then a random call "aircraft 5 miles North of Graham are you on frequency?" and after the aircraft, a Kingair, aknowledged the other aircraft announced he was on a 6 mile final. I hope these people are not relying on ADS-B for traffic because I have no intention of installing it and make appropriate radio calls when approaching and in the traffic pattern.

Post Thanks / Like

ADSB / Ferry permit

Jan 10 at 10:49 AMPrintRaw message
    Baumgard, E Tony (FAA) <e.tony.baumgard@faa.gov>
    To: Baumgard, E Tony (FAA) <e.tony.baumgard@faa.gov>

For your reading pleasure:

A ferry permit is not appropriate for an ADSB issue:

I am told this system works well by an applicant who used it.

Ive received a few questions on the subject line and wanted to provide you with guidance on proper handling. Please pass this info to others in your office I may have missed.

A ferry permit should not be used for the sole purpose of approving/authorizing the movement of an aircraft in 91.225 airspace without required equipment. Only ATC can authorize such operations per 91.225(g). ATO has deployed an automated web-based authorization process (screen shot below) for this purpose which can be found here: https://sapt.faa.gov/adapt-start.php/. Please direct those seeking authorization to operate non-ADS-B Out equipped aircraft into 91.225 airspace to this site and advise them to contact ATC via email adapthelp@faa.gov for any related questions.

https://www.aopa.org/advocacy/ads-b-adapt
    https://sapttest.faa.gov/adapt-start.php

Tony Baumgard
    NTX FSDO
    8700 Freeport Parkway, Suite 225
    Irving, TX 75063
    214-277-8513