Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Aileron cables

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aileron cables

I am hooking up my Aileron cables and rigging flight controls, I was not able to find a good representation of how the aileron cables connect to the carry thru cable and the cables from the yoke. 1951 PA-20, i have the drawing CD but cant find the drawing that cover the cables as they exit and pass thru the fuselage. Do the cables that attach to the top of the aileron connect to the carry thru cable or the cables from the yoke? and what drawing number shows this information? any help please, would be appreciated.

Thank you

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Aileron cables

There is a cable diagram in the pilot handbook and in the parts manual. Will those documents help?

Post Thanks / Like

It is confusing. You might also find another Pacer or TPacer to look at.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am looking at the parts manual and it shows a pretty clear view of where it all goes. Looks lie the balance cable is on the bottom bellcrank of the ailerons and the top horn crosses to the opposite side before going forward to the yokes. I have ours off the lift with headliner and wing root fairings removed if you need any photos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    There is a cable diagram in the pilot handbook and in the parts manual. Will those documents help?
    that was very helpful, but the parts book shows the right wing cables cross between the aileron and the fuselage, not sure if that happens before the fairleads or after. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Any pictures would be very helpful, I am just trying to wrap my head around the cross over of cables in the right wing

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone know of a picture of where the holes for the cable are supposed to be to hook up to the aileron my airplane was recovered with the cables in the wing . I purchased it that way but I cannot find a manual that shows that Thank you very much for any help