Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tri-pacer Pre-buy HOU area.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tri-pacer Pre-buy HOU area.

Hello, Looking for a prebuy on a fabric. 1960 tri-pacer Carribean. The airplane is fresh out of annual but I am looking for an A&P that has knowledge on the trouble spots with a pacer. Aircraft was recovered in '71 with ceconite. Would like a punch test done as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Tri-pacer Pre-buy HOU area.

Clayton is in the Houston area. I will send him a note. 49 years since recover and bet that is all that was done in 1971. Houston is a corrosive enviroment. I maintain a Super Cub from there that came out of Oklahoma, didn't take long to start seeing issues with rust and corrosion. How about some back ground on you? Do you have the skill set to deal with an aircraft with almost 50 year old fabric? I can imagine it will always need something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Clayton is in the Houston area. I will send him a note. 49 years since recover and bet that is all that was done in 1971. Houston is a corrosive enviroment. I maintain a Super Cub from there that came out of Oklahoma, didn't take long to start seeing issues with rust and corrosion. How about some back ground on you? Do you have the skill set to deal with an aircraft with almost 50 year old fabric? I can imagine it will always need something.
    Hello, this would be my first fabric aircraft. I’ve been flying around monocoque airplanes for the past 15 years and this would be my first steel and tube aircraft. Other than a few classes I took at Oshkosh I have no other experience in maintaining fabric airplanes. I’ve signed up with my local EAA chapter but there is not much when it comes to fabric.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FlightFollowing View Post
    Hello, this would be my first fabric aircraft. I’ve been flying around monocoque airplanes for the past 15 years and this would be my first steel and tube aircraft. Other than a few classes I took at Oshkosh I have no other experience in maintaining fabric airplanes. I’ve signed up with my local EAA chapter but there is not much when it comes to fabric.
    Are you a hands on person?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Are you a hands on person?
    Pretty hands on. I fix my own cars and build most of my own furniture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FlightFollowing View Post
    Pretty hands on. I fix my own cars and build most of my own furniture.
    That is good. I always tell people to buy the best airplane they can afford. My budget is the eternal fixer upper. Pay now or pay later and I pay all along the way. One day I will finish my Clipper rebuild and have a nice, restored airplane to fly. Clayton on this site is from the Houston area and has a Clipper and a Pacer.