Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Aluminum Inspection Grommets

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Aluminum Inspection Grommets

I make aluminum inspection grommets for the rag and tube Pipers. Water jetted out of .025" thick aluminum. Won't crack and wallow the screw holes out like the plastic. Sold in a set with the appropriate placement drawings along with the dimensions for the cable exits. Strut grommets are easier to form and hold their shape while glueing in place as well. My machinist buddy didn't want to do them anymore so I was out for a while but his work slowed down and he decided he would so I stocked up. $45 for the complete set for the Short Wing Pipers and $24 for a set for around the lift struts. Save the pain and aggravation of having multiple size screws and them falling out. Great to install on the back side to fix failing plastic grommets as well. Pierce Aero Webstore
    58fuselage_grommets-large.jpg

103_8919.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Aluminum Inspection Grommets

Steve's grommets worked great on my Vagabond fuselage when I did the recover a few years ago.
    TonyN