Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fuel Tank Felt

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Fuel Tank Felt

Over the years I have tried different felts from different sources to avoid paying $200 for the pieces needed from other vendors. The results were not always great because as anyone knows who has installed a Piper fuel tank you have to have it just so to keep from interfering with the tank cover and the control cables. I finally lucked onto the Piper drawings for the felt parts and discovered the correct felt and a source. Only issue is I have to buy the felt in bulk so need to sell it and not just buy for my own use. SAE 50 felt 1/16" thick just like Piper used. I just got in a big order and while my Mom was visiting had her sew up a bunch of the tank rod covers which are sold in a set of 4. Also have sets for the fuel tank straps and fuel tank covers. Pierce Aero Webstore
    100_2252.jpg

100_1913.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fuel Tank Felt

Yep, Steve's felt works well; I had no issues with fitting tank covers, etc after installing new felts. Everything was nice and snug. (Wish I'd ordered your through-the-tank rod felts, too Steve! Mine were mostly OK....)

DSC06492.jpg DSC06513.jpg DSC07011.jpg