Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We're all friends here, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Default We're all friends here, right?

Just a thought, as we are asking each other for help and sharing info in a friendly ways, consider two things you can try:
    1) In your profile, fill out a little detail like where you live (city/state/country)
    2) Add a signature to your messages, like your actual name. It's cool having a profile handle like UltraMax2002, but personally I would rather reply to Max in Arizona.
    Look at "My Profile" to edit your profile.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,
    GG
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: We're all friends here, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Geller View Post
    Just a thought, as we are asking each other for help and sharing info in a friendly ways, consider two things you can try:
    2) Add a signature to your messages, like your actual name. It's cool having a profile handle like UltraMax2002, but personally I would rather reply to Max in Arizona.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,
    GG
    Your Mother gave you a name, why not use it?

Post Thanks / Like

Now that's funny, no one in Alaska knows my real name, and used to be the Batplane was the only all black airplane in the state.

Everyone knows who Rocket is, even the FAA.

I have on occasion signed an opinionated screed with my full name because I thought it proper to take a stance.

There are good reasons to stay annonemas, damn if I can spell it well enough for my spell check to keep up...

There is a time and place. We all must know by now when to have our bull **** filters on high and it often seems the knowledge base and experience in inversely perportianol to the number of comments one makes on a forum. I stick to the SWP because it is somthing I feel I can contribute.

well kept secret: I was origanlly called Three Wheeler Ron because I rode a Big Red 250 Honda from my home at Pike Lake to King Salmon with a tool box on the back. Before we had cell coverage, plane would buzz my off the road cabin, I would look out the window for a waggle, then head into town on my wheeler. Good times!

Rocket

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea who Rocket is. Might be the same Rocket on two other forums I frequent and the again probably not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Now that's funny, no one in Alaska knows my real name, and used to be the Batplane was the only all black airplane in the state.

Everyone knows who Rocket is, even the FAA.

I have on occasion signed an opinionated screed with my full name because I thought it proper to take a stance.

There are good reasons to stay annonemas, damn if I can spell it well enough for my spell check to keep up...

There is a time and place. We all must know by now when to have our bull **** filters on high and it often seems the knowledge base and experience in inversely perportianol to the number of comments one makes on a forum. I stick to the SWP because it is somthing I feel I can contribute.

well kept secret: I was origanlly called Three Wheeler Ron because I rode a Big Red 250 Honda from my home at Pike Lake to King Salmon with a tool box on the back. Before we had cell coverage, plane would buzz my off the road cabin, I would look out the window for a waggle, then head into town on my wheeler. Good times!

Rocket
    Weren't you also known as the only Mexican in Naknek or something like that?

Sent from my SM-G930V using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Geller View Post
    1) In your profile, fill out a little detail like where you live (city/state/country)

Just my two cents.

Cheers,
    GG
    I agree, knowing something about our members makes involvement more interesting.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I agree, knowing something about our members makes involvement more interesting.
    Glen and Stephen: I've learned that sharing info has to be done with discretion. I hope to meet you both some day. Stephen, your AI is sitting in my sixpac now, as I hope to meet Rocket, and Glen - who's brake drum parts I fly with, and Steve P, who's generator I own, and all of you who've contributed to my knowledge base and made owning this plane an adventure worth taking and not the immediate torture that it started off to be... Else, I might have just sold it for a loss and bought a spam can. So, if I can apply simple methods for denying immediate access to my personal information unless I want to let it out, can be a significant impediment to having my identity stolen. Thieves are alive and well. I thank Steve and his unsung hero wife who protects my information from thieves, that if I ever discover one in person...never mind. A funny thought comes to mind from a movie..."Can we shoot them now, sir?" I hate thieves.
    Remaining Subsonic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subsonic View Post
    Glen and Stephen: I've learned that sharing info has to be done with discretion. I hope to meet you both some day. Stephen, your AI is sitting in my sixpac now, as I hope to meet Rocket, and Glen - who's brake drum parts I fly with, and Steve P, who's generator I own, and all of you who've contributed to my knowledge base and made owning this plane an adventure worth taking and not the immediate torture that it started off to be... Else, I might have just sold it for a loss and bought a spam can. So, if I can apply simple methods for denying immediate access to my personal information unless I want to let it out, can be a significant impediment to having my identity stolen. Thieves are alive and well. I thank Steve and his unsung hero wife who protects my information from thieves, that if I ever discover one in person...never mind. A funny thought comes to mind from a movie..."Can we shoot them now, sir?" I hate thieves.
    Remaining Subsonic.
    My sentiments exactly. On top of that, I know that officials from certain agencies monitor forums and more than one person has gotten into hot water just from posting some fun flying exploits online. Next thing you know you gave them the rope to hang you with. I like to at least make them work a little for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that keeping most personal information off the internet is wise. I avoid publicly posting my address, phone number or email. I have friends so concerned they would never join Facebook or buy from Amazon, I think they are overly paranoid. In my case my name address and phone number is available in our local phone book. Until a few years ago my AP number was my social security number, while I'm glad that is no longer the case, that number is in a lot of log books. Listing my name, Stephen from Lopez Island on our forum does not keep me awake at night.
    Last edited by Stephen; 02-29-2020 at 02:28 PM.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

I can’t seem to change my username, I put my name in but it still uses the original?