Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We're all friends here, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: We're all friends here, right?

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Now that's funny, no one in Alaska knows my real name, and used to be the Batplane was the only all black airplane in the state.

Everyone knows who Rocket is, even the FAA.

I have on occasion signed an opinionated screed with my full name because I thought it proper to take a stance.

There are good reasons to stay annonemas, damn if I can spell it well enough for my spell check to keep up...

There is a time and place. We all must know by now when to have our bull **** filters on high and it often seems the knowledge base and experience in inversely perportianol to the number of comments one makes on a forum. I stick to the SWP because it is somthing I feel I can contribute.

well kept secret: I was origanlly called Three Wheeler Ron because I rode a Big Red 250 Honda from my home at Pike Lake to King Salmon with a tool box on the back. Before we had cell coverage, plane would buzz my off the road cabin, I would look out the window for a waggle, then head into town on my wheeler. Good times!

Rocket
    I remember seeing your all black Tripacer at 5NK for years, always liked the paint job. I need to make it over there more often.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MWflyer View Post
    I can’t seem to change my username, I put my name in but it still uses the original?
    I can change your username if you would like. Just message me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have used my name since I started using internet forums back in the late 1990s on SuperCub.org and on the Short Wing Piper Club's forum. I have never had an issue. I figure anything I post can be used against me and post accordingly. Sometimes I get my back up and post things that are not nice but people that know me know that I don't have a filter most of the time, I get that from my Mom. The things that chap my butt are posts with inaccurate and unverified information as fact. Facebook is the worst. ShortWingPipers.org has a Facebook page mainly to steer people to this forum for technical questions. I see Facebook as a place to post cool pictures and such but it is a terrible platform for maintenance data, not search friendly and seems everyone with a phone has an opinion or advice. I have been calling out those inaccurate posts and it seems to have slowed down. When someone asks a technical question on Facebook I search a thread on the subject and link it to the FB post. I look at FB as instant gratification. Our ShortWingPipers.org forum is an investment by the members that use it in my opinion. There is more a feeling of camaraderie here I believe and see the forum as an investment we all make in keeping our airplanes flying and the data and procedures available for generations to come thus keeping our airplanes usable for another 70 plus years.

I usually meet my friends on the gravel bars on Sunday morning but my wife and kids kept me up to late last night and the wind is beating the band this morning. That is my excuse for the long post.
    IMG_20191021_181126.jpg

IMG_20190929_090716.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

YEA YEA Steve, You just might get to be known well enough to be the Poster Child for The Lonestar STOL Competition
    I hear tell Grandson Chad is going to be entered SOOOOOOOOOOO you better be on your game.

https://www.facebook.com/lonestarsto...0bq7wo8bWIQRqF

Post Thanks / Like

Even if you don't want to post with your full name, at least fill in some basic location info.
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using a business name, but if you look me up, I'm not hard to find.

Ryan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wyandot jim View Post
    YEA YEA Steve, You just might get to be known well enough to be the Poster Child for The Lonestar STOL Competition
    I hear tell Grandson Chad is going to be entered SOOOOOOOOOOO you better be on your game.

https://www.facebook.com/lonestarsto...0bq7wo8bWIQRqF
    That picture was photo shopped. It doesn’t show the huge two part levitation devices Steve has on the back of his wings.

Jim, what is Chad going to be flying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce View Post
    That picture was photo shopped. It doesn’t show the huge two part levitation devices Steve has on the back of his wings.

Jim, what is Chad going to be flying.
    Gilbert,
    I knew that Son of yours would come up with some hairbrained device to get the edge. Yea a Super CLUB needs all the help they can get.
    As far as Chads ride well I have been sworn tooooooooooo secrecy. I can say per Mike and Chad it is called a winner>
    Last edited by wyandot jim; 03-02-2020 at 10:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wyandot jim View Post
    Gilbert,
    I knew that Son of yours would come up with some hairbrained device to get the edge. Yea a Super CLUB needs all the help they can get.
    As far as Chads ride well I have been sworn tooooooooooo secrecy. I can say per Mike and Chad it is called a winner>
    Fortunately those Carbon Cubs are in a different clas than certified Super Cubs and Pacers/Tri-Pacers. He hasn't signed up yet, lots of Carbon Cubs for him to compete against. https://lonestarstol.com/roster/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alaskadrifter View Post
    I remember seeing your all black Tripacer at 5NK for years, always liked the paint job. I need to make it over there more often.
    Well I'm in Talkeetna now right on the Village strip at the south end. Just across from where the all black Tripacer is parked. Tail into the trees and walk on over if you get up this way. Text for a Pirep as the snow is deep right now.

I do miss the Bristal Bay but this part of Alaska has its own unique charms, in particular my copilot

Rocket