Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Rocker arm shaft button

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rocker arm shaft button

I removed my rocker cover to replace gaskets and noticed there were no rocker shaft thrust button installed, when i removed the rocker cover on #3 cylinder the shaft was in place but had rubbed on the cover. My engine is a O-320 S/N L-6034-27 and what i am seeing in the engine parts manual there is not rocker shaft thrust button called out for this engine.

Doe anyone have any info about this, i can see why they couldn't be installed, but they don't seem to be required according to the Lycoming direct drive parts manual. I am a little perplexed and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rocker arm shaft button

Most of the older 0-320's did not come with thrust buttons, you can upgrade to 0-360 shafts and then you have room for the thrust buttons. (the story is all in the parts catalogs) If your covers are to worn, put on new ones, they are cheap!

Post Thanks / Like

Lw-13790
    lw-12892

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The newer rocker shafts are shorter to allow the use of the thrust buttons.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I would have thought the was a SB for that, but no worries i will get the new shaft and buttons.

Thanks

Bob