I am the one who rigged this aircraft, and yes I did tell him I thought it had the wrong pulley on it. I just couldn't keep finding things wrong with this plane and telling him, that and he needed it to take lesson in. To be honest, I didn't want to release it. I am only a A&P working on getting my IA, spent most my time in the airline industry. Been flying Tri-pacers since I was in the 2nd grade, have restored 3 of them.

I used the rigging USB from SWPC as a guide. We also have 3 at our field. I own 1 of them my mentor IA owns the other one, which he also gives flight reviews in, for he is also a CFI and CFI II, fly's a DC-10 tanker for firefighting in his spare time.

Now I am not too sure I should be doing this, but we had a big time discussion concerning this aircraft, we didn't want to return it to service, but since it already had a annual and we never stated in the log about grounding it, then technically it was legal to fly. I have told him if it goes in for annual it will not pass and is why we didn't sign it off, Mark Meginnes my IA from Plane Care who I work through, no you won't find us on the internet unless you go to Ryan field, we are not a big time company, and are very selective on the aircraft that we do work on. Since all the major issues were taken care of, the aircraft flew as designed and the eng, checked out, we thought that it was time to let him work and learn on his own aircraft. You all state that you need an A&P to do most of the work he is doing, but then again Kent, the previous owner wasn't an A&P and he did all his own work. We supervise any and all work that he does with this aircraft, our goal.... Let him work on and under stand his aircraft, that is what he wants to do. Do our best to help and supervise his work. When the annual is due in Oct, hopefully he will have most of the little things done, and it will pass the annual. Was this the wrong thing to do??

To get back on point.... after rigging I have always had slack in the rudder cables while on the ground. Cables that run to the rudder to interconnect, should be taught or 15# tension The cables that run from the interconnect to rudder peddles should be the same, but you need to do this with the nose gear off the ground, not the easiest thing in the world to do. I get as close as I can without causing any more headaches. The aircraft flies true and really looks and is set-up as the other three we have here. To us the slack in the cables that you see in the cabin is normal and all three have this, and all three fly perfect.

So if this is not correct, what is it that we are doing wrong, and why do all Tri-pacers have this problem. Was in Casa Grande a few weeks ago, ran into 2 other Tri-pacer owners, one of them being Cliff Van Cleff, Both same thing both said it was normal. I think it flies great, has some minor issues, but other wise it did a great job flying to the Bay area.