Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Picture with headliner removed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Picture with headliner removed

Quote Originally Posted by wyandot jim View Post
    Well I have been using Airtex since 1965 and have been very happy with their products over the years. Are they as good as a custom interior NOOOOOOOOOOO. But they do not charge the same.
    I still have my Airtex Re-Covering 1965 Manual total of 27- 5"x7" pages that I used to recover my 7AC Champ in 1966. Yes that is correct they sold Dope and Cotton Fabric in the 60s along with interiors
    Back then, the fabric envelopes were their main business, the interior stuff was just a sideline.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I think this looks awesome! It's so cool to see the triangulation of the tube frame.

Wonder how much lighter this type of interior would be than the full carpeted interior panels, insulation and headliner I have?

Do you guys think there would be any chance of the glue out gassing and causing issues with the fabric and exterior paint when affixing the foam to the inside of the fabric?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, nice easy access to everything. I guess the compatibility would depend on the glue and the fabric system. Would want to test that for sure.