Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thread: Short Wing Convention in September

Post Thanks / Like

Default Short Wing Convention in September

Gonna give it max effort to make the SWPC convention in Wichita, 09/14-18. Have worked all day ordering parts for the Colt, a little over $800 today, Casper got $415 last week, hell i've started a global recovery! I got to work on it, which is hard to do cause I'm busy but I really want to take my flying budy to Jabara! We can't do OSH this year so this will be a treat! He's 84 and wants to go as much as possible.

If any body wants to meet up at KRKR and fly together to the convention let me know. It's gonna be fun!

Here's my list on the colt:

move steering rods above steering bar
    assemble 0-320
    install
    oil filter adapter
    fix baffles/new seals
    inspect mags, new spring in left mag
    float in carb and new gaskets/inspect
    alternator is rebuilt
    install plane power regulator
    clean starter and install
    paint struts and reinstall wings
    put tail inspection grommets on (thank goodness for Steve)make covers reinstall flippers
    install modern AI, DG in 6 pack configuration
    altimeter install ( once back from rudy ACI)
    install clock
    service mag compass and install
    KMA-20, KX-145, KNI? SPA-400 and jacks
    Velcro mount for my Ifly 700

wears me out writing it all!
    Last edited by at7615; 06-18-2020 at 06:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Short Wing Convention in September

Good luck with that list! Don't get discouraged. One item at a time and stay focused. Manage time well. I'm rooting for you. If you go, I'll go too. I don't know anybody in SWPC unless some on swp.org are on that site too. My plane is ready anytime and all the time now. I stick to small and simple fixes and try to keep it airworthy. If I take it down for any item, I try to deal with just that item to return to airworthiness asap.
    -Subsonic

Post Thanks / Like

Hi at7615,

The SWPC had a board of directors meeting on Monday June 15, and due to the conditions of the COVID-19 virus, we canceled the convention for 2020. It was not a decision we took lightly nor made easily, but in consideration for the safety and wellbeing of everyone, the best thing we could do was cancel the 2020 convention. The original date was to start on Monday June 21, and we postponed until September in hopes things around the country would improve, but while some states are starting to reopen, at the current rate we would still not be allowed to have a group of 75 people in one place.

I can tell you we are working on some exciting things for 2021 and the 70th anniversary of the PA-22. The convention will be held in conjunction with Sentimental Journey in Lock Haven, PA, and group parking at Oshkosh 2021. Please stay tuned and consider joining us in 2021!

Steve Carruthers
    President SWPC

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear this Steve, thanks for the heads up!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by at7615 View Post
    Gonna give it max effort to make the SWPC convention in Wichita, 09/14-18. Have worked all day ordering parts for the Colt, a little over $800 today, Casper got $415 last week, hell i've started a global recovery! I got to work on it, which is hard to do cause I'm busy but I really want to take my flying budy to Jabara! We can't do OSH this year so this will be a treat! He's 84 and wants to go as much as possible.

If any body wants to meet up at KRKR and fly together to the convention let me know. It's gonna be fun!

Here's my list on the colt:

move steering rods above steering bar
    assemble 0-320
    install
    oil filter adapter
    fix baffles/new seals
    inspect mags, new spring in left mag
    float in carb and new gaskets/inspect
    alternator is rebuilt
    install plane power regulator
    clean starter and install
    paint struts and reinstall wings
    put tail inspection grommets on (thank goodness for Steve)make covers reinstall flippers
    install modern AI, DG in 6 pack configuration
    altimeter install ( once back from rudy ACI)
    install clock
    service mag compass and install
    KMA-20, KX-145, KNI? SPA-400 and jacks
    Velcro mount for my Ifly 700

wears me out writing it all!
    The good news is I'm an A&P IA Avionics guy
    The bad news is covered up with work on GA airplanes
    You know the story: the painters house is never painted, the mechanic rolls around in a POS, the plumber has leaks everywhere etc: et al!

SOOOOOOO discipline, I'm thinking Steve's airport and some of that famous brisket!

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a good idea! Lets make some informal gatherings and see who shows up

Post Thanks / Like

I will commit once the Colt is airworthy. Course we don't want to create problems for anyone. Last thing we need is another episode of "As the propellor turns" I already had my episode this week!