Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Belly pan to firewall fastener

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Belly pan to firewall fastener

SMCNUTT- Your project sounds similar to mine. PA-22-108 which was flipped in 1985. In the 90's it was stripped and fuselage gone over then converted to tailwheel, was recovered and wings put on and rigged. Engine was rebuilt in the mid 90's and never run. I bought it from the estate of the last owner. Plane hasn't flown since 1985 and been through about 6 owners since. I am working on it now. First BIG job is paperwork and getting all the correct 337s sorted out. I am working on just cleaning the poor bird up and getting new tires on t so I can move it around. Old ones go flat in about 2 hours. Lots of work ahead. One problem I have is I never worked on a Tripacer, Pacer or colt before so it is all new and I don't know anyone locally with one I can go look at to see how things should look. (Southeast Virginia).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RRHall View Post
    SMCNUTT- Your project sounds similar to mine. PA-22-108 which was flipped in 1985. In the 90's it was stripped and fuselage gone over then converted to tailwheel, was recovered and wings put on and rigged. Engine was rebuilt in the mid 90's and never run. I bought it from the estate of the last owner. Plane hasn't flown since 1985 and been through about 6 owners since. I am working on it now. First BIG job is paperwork and getting all the correct 337s sorted out. I am working on just cleaning the poor bird up and getting new tires on t so I can move it around. Old ones go flat in about 2 hours. Lots of work ahead. One problem I have is I never worked on a Tripacer, Pacer or colt before so it is all new and I don't know anyone locally with one I can go look at to see how things should look. (Southeast Virginia).
    You might try the state/county search of the FAA aircraft registry: https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinq...y_inquiry.aspx

I was able to find a PA-22-160 in Norfolk.

If you're only looking for a PA-22-108, you can use the make/model search: https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/AcftRef_Results.aspx?Mfrtxt=&Modeltxt=PA-22-108&PageNo=1

It shows 15 of them in Virginia and 22 in North Carolina.
    Tom P.
    Wagabond @ 08A

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if you are not an A&P you could, at the least, make them yourself and have them installed at your next annual. This is one fab job that I was lucky enough everything I needed happen to fall into my lap...very odd with my luck, usually I have to drive myself a little crazy in the process. Although the inspection may be easy enough eventually your mechanic may require the firewall re-sealed. Suppose you could hold off until that time comes along.

Post Thanks / Like

Im sorry, my last post was to Walt about him finding out he lacked the u-channels...