Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 57A progress update

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 57A progress update

We just start on left every time all the time with our tripacer. First action after firing is switch to both. Check both as part of runup. Before takeoff roll critical checks include mags on both. After it becomes a force of habit it is a non-issue. But you have to build the habit.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with start on LEFT, then go to both after firing. Retard matters when firing cold. If hot, not so much. Much easier on the engine when cold. Time to get in the air Walt.
    -Subsonic

Post Thanks / Like

OK, start on LEFT. HCU (Human Control Unit) re-programmed.

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing that I live in AZ, I always start on both. That said, when it does get cold I just start on the left.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Walt,

It took me a few flights to get my Brain Housing Group rewired to do this as well. I appreciate you asking the questions that a few of us have about our birds.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the old Pipers have the start on left since they didnít use a mag switch with a twist to start. In all the airplanes that have twist to start mag switches, and only the impulse on the left, the mag switch grounds out the right mag when in the start position. All done internally in the mag switch. Thatís why if you learned to fly in a Cessna or later Cherokee you never heard of starting on the left mag (unless you read the manual).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk