Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bungie/Hydrosorb Questions

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bungie/Hydrosorb Questions

I go out to the top of each lift strut and push up and down. Do that on each wing and if the gear is not sagging I think it is good. Look the cords over and see if you see any necking where the cords have necked down or the outside cloth is deformed. The hydrosorb is nothing more than a Monroe shock filled with hydraulic fluid to damped out the spring back and bounce. They creat resistance you can feel when the bungees are cut off. Having flown Clippers that don't have hydrosorbs and cer and Tri-Pacers with I don't think they do much but I guess something is better than nothing maybe.

Post Thanks / Like

Im pulling the sheet metal off after work today. Im giving it a good look -over . Hope I dont find anything . If I do I will be looking for an experienced shop .

I need to replace some of those smaller sheet metal pieces too. I may have to find a good sheet metal shop to do that and my interior post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can see most everything in front of the seat.