Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 35” Bushwheels on Producers/Bushmasters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 35” Bushwheels on Producers/Bushmasters

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    About to go back to 31s in preparation or the ArkansSTOL event in a few weeks...
    That looks like a pretty cool event...
    Donn
    1949 Clipper PA-16 O-235

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    My Super Cub cruises 90 mph saw no change.
    I think it is interesting how little effect many of the mods has on cruise speed of our planes.

I found little difference in tire sizes and landing gear mods in cruise speed. If our planes were flying at 200 mph the effects would be many times more effective.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blue44 View Post
    That looks like a pretty cool event...
    It got my blood pumping more than any other flying I have done. Set for fist weekend in October.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I think it is interesting how little effect many of the mods has on cruise speed of our planes.

I found little difference in tire sizes and landing gear mods in cruise speed. If our planes were flying at 200 mph the effects would be many times more effective.
    When I hung 30" airstreaks (old school ones) on my Avid the cruise didn't change a lot from the 26", but I lost around 400 FPM in climb. I noticed the same on my Pacer. Cruise didn't change much, maybe a few MPH but I did loose some climb.

Granted, on the lower HP Avid, the extra drag was much more noticeable, but I gained 5 MPH and 250 FPM climb when I covered the gear on it and faired it in. I keep toying with the idea of covering the gear on the pacer one of these days to see if I pick up much in terms of cruise or climb. The cruise I am not too worried about, but I will take all the climb I can get.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dick View Post
    Steve,

What did you think going back down to 31s from 35s? I am going back and forth on 29s or 31s for my Pacer and 31s or 35s for my "one day" Producer.

Cheers, Joseph
    I went from the old 30” Airstreaks, which are about the same size as the 29” bushwheels, to the 31” bushwheels. I really like the extra “squish” of the 31s, and it’s easier to wheel land.