Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Autopilot Installations

Post Thanks / Like

Default Autopilot Installations

Hi Folks
    Just joined the forum as I'm looking to purchase a Pacer for use over here in Europe. However i'm trying to understand if there have been any autopilot systems approved for installation ? The older threads did not give any confirmation and a quick search on line only revealed that the larger vendors such as Garmin etc have not yet added the PA20/22 to their STC approval listing.

Anyone have any ideas/information ? I will be flying solo for most of the trips and an autopilot would certainly assist on the longer stretches.

Thanks all.

Oliver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Autopilot Installations

I have also been looking for an autopilot for my Pacer, but so far no luck.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z

Post Thanks / Like

I installed a Brittain Industries BSS/B12 in 2004. It had an STC for wing leveler and heading bug,

works off the vacuum pump - totally maintenance free, Jerry Walters 918 836 7701, brittainind@sbsglobal.net Cecillia Henderson

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Mitchel or Globe industries autopilot (wing leveler) that actually works pretty good. It was on the plane when I bought it ,but it was missing the cable that fastens to the lever that moves the servo gear to the yoke. My question is, does anyone know how to install the cable? I’ve attached a picture of the servo drive. The lever I’m referring to is in the lower right side of the picture.
    IMG_1217.jpeg
    Last edited by mholton63; 07-08-2023 at 07:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Still no modern Autopilots for our planes? Bummer.