Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need some help with my first trip in my "new" Pacer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I need some help with my first trip in my "new" Pacer

Quote Originally Posted by RRHall View Post
    There is a shower for pilots and a "lounge" with a couple recliners at KCPK. Can't say I have ever seen anyone use it. I can't imagine anyone charging $25 for using the restroom.
    It wasn’t to use the restroom, it was to park on their part of the public built ramp. Typical charge at some locations, especially if you do not buy fuel from them. I did not say I actually paid it either (I did say the staff treated me good).
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement." - Fred Brooks

Post Thanks / Like

If you arrive late and push you plane into an obviously vacant spot and sleep under the wing, be sure to have a good story for the airport manager or sheriff in the morning.

GG
    Yikes. That's why I'm wanting to plan ahead. I prefer my interactions with law enforcement to be limited to waving.

This is exactly what I was hoping for! Thanks for the suggestions on airports you know, and thanks also for letting me know where else to find this info!

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got a “grass with gas” kml file that you can upload to foreflight (or google earth) that might help your planning. I got it from a guy on the SC site.

Send me your email address and I’ll forward it to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CamTom12 View Post
    I’ve got a “grass with gas” kml file that you can upload to foreflight (or google earth) that might help your planning. I got it from a guy on the SC site.

Send me your email address and I’ll forward it to you.

Thats a funny file name.. with all the pothead druggies and legal pot in every state now.. you might get lots of request for that file LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I sent you my email. Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

The grass with gas overlay for foreflight is awesome! Thanks for that tip!

I think I will take the camping list and make an overlay for that as well for all of us to use!

Post Thanks / Like

Not to be a downer, but in order to have many years of wonderful flying adventures, one should be prepared to have occasional days of sitting on the ground when the weather suggests it.
    Nogood- If you have not read this report of an otherwise great adventure gone very tragically wrong, please read it and heed it.
    https://www.shortwingpipers.org/foru...p?13680-N7323k

Be safe and have a great trip!

GG
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"

Post Thanks / Like

ok folks, I made a kml file, from various sources, of airports that allow camping. This doesn’t include back country strips, should be mostly established airports. I don’t have access to the Facebook page listed above, so I am sure I am missing many. I would just use it as an overlay for foreflight or any other app you have and then call/check in with the airport listed. Please let me know if I am missing any you know of or if any listed no longer allow it and I will update it. I will start a separate thread as well. Hope the link works.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kq9...w?usp=drivesdk
    Last edited by FFSchooley; 09-17-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quick question, so is the "grass with gas" file incorporated in the file above? If not I sure would like to have that one too. One more outstanding place to camp not in the file above is Arcadia, FL airport ID X0 (zero)6. https://foaa.us/airport-camping/ Thanks for the file!

Post Thanks / Like

No, it is not. Since I don’t have permission to re-share the grass with gas file, I will provide a link to it on my other post