Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PA-16 auction Dallas TX, part of estate auction Sept 17, 18, 19

Post Thanks / Like

Default PA-16 auction Dallas TX, part of estate auction Sept 17, 18, 19

Last edited by PA-16; 09-15-2020 at 09:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PA-16 auction part of estate auction Sept 17, 18, 19

In her better days

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PA-16 auction Dallas TX, part of estate auction Sept 17, 18, 19

Beware in that the registered owner is not the individual whose estate sale is being listed so there would likely be some paperwork hurdles to go through. Could be the listed owner sold it and the new owner never sent in to have the registration updated. I am going through something similar now with a PA-22/20 I bought from an estate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RRHall View Post
    Beware in that the registered owner is not the individual whose estate sale is being listed so there would likely be some paperwork hurdles to go through. Could be the listed owner sold it and the new owner never sent in to have the registration updated. I am going through something similar now with a PA-22/20 I bought from an estate.
    Maybe not any worse than normal. The registered owner’s address is the same as the auction and similar to the owner’s name on the biplane.

upon further review... 2 airplanes registered to Constance and one registered to Arthur. All three registered to the same address. The sale bill doesn’t specify who’s estate (one or both?).
    Last edited by Jeff J; 09-15-2020 at 04:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like XA42 is the airport designator for the auction location. East-west 1600x60 grass strip. I doubt it is being maintained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RRHall View Post
    Connie was a member of our local SWPC chapter. Ganiere was her maiden name, she married Art Akridge back in the 1990's. Art died about 5 years ago. I guess she just kept her plane registered in her maiden name. I don't know why, and I don't know if that will make it more difficult to transfer title. Although Art & Connie were active members, no one in our chapter realized she had passed away (in Feb) until just yesterday - very sad. I think (maybe) Art had a son, but I am pretty certain that Connie has no living relative - also sad.

Connie was an A&P/IA, she decided to restore it about 12 years ago, but, I guess never 'got around to it'. I think she realized her flying days were over. The plane is (should be) complete, but disassembled; and is dire need of restoration. Frankly, I would be surprised if it brings $1,000

By the way; XA42 is (was) their private strip. Do not expect to fly in there to inspect the plans(s), it was always a very 'challenging' strip, and has NOT been maintained since Connie grounded her PA16
    Last edited by Paul Watts; 09-16-2020 at 09:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear of your chapters loss. Hopefully someone who lives closer than me will be able to buy the plane and take on the restoration. Even if some fatal defect were found, it would be worth a few thousand in parts alone.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish they had some kind of auction schedule posted. Most auctions I have attended announce times in advance for big items, guns and highly prized collectables.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fond memories of Art and Connie. Is that the same strip that JohnNewman was leaving where he and his family were killed?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, same airstrip. Of course the accident had nothing to do with the airstrip, John successfully departed, but came around for a 'low pass'. To low, to slow, to much bank,,, very tragic!