Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: ELECTRICAL INTERNATIONAL VA-1A Ammeter Shunt

Post Thanks / Like

Default ELECTRICAL INTERNATIONAL VA-1A Ammeter Shunt

Good afternoon all,

I did a search and did find discussions close to what I am after, but not exactly. I’d like to put a Electronics International VA-1A ammeter in a 63 Colt, but I’m not sure which one to ordered. Has anyone been down this path before and already figure out which one to order? Internal shunt or external, etc...

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default ELECTRICAL INTERNATIONAL VA-1A Ammeter Shunt

Quote Originally Posted by tjlebaron View Post
    Good afternoon all,

I did a search and did find discussions close to what I am after, but not exactly. I’d like to put a Electronics International VA-1A ammeter in a 63 Colt, but I’m not sure which one to ordered. Has anyone been down this path before and already figure out which one to order? Internal shunt or external, etc...

Thanks!
    I’ve been told it’s the VA-1A with the internal shunt, but talk to Steve, he’s an EI dealer and can help you with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: ELECTRICAL INTERNATIONAL VA-1A Ammeter Shunt

I haven't installed the VA-1A, only the CGR30P with the external shunt which allows the option of read power to the battery or each individual load. If you just want to simply replace the original amp meter you will want the internal shunt. The external shunt allows some options but will require more custom wiring. Can post more details later. Have a lot of notes on this in my EI manual back at the hanger.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the VA-1A, which is internal shunt. the internal shunt version is good to 100amps...
    you have the option to install in the battery lead or in the alternator lead

Bryan

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fellows. Much appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Steve, I'm installing a CGR-P,C combo and if you have any suggestions on the install, it would be greatly appreciated as this is the first one I have done.
    Thanks
    John