Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Needed: knowledge and maybe parts for cabin air

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Needed: knowledge and maybe parts for cabin air

Look in the drawing cd and it will show where things exit the firewall.

Post Thanks / Like

There’s a CD with drawings? I guess that’s my next step! Thanks for letting me know about that!

Post Thanks / Like

dose anyone have pictures of how the cable is fished over to that side of the cabin? I have the same little box and currently taking the plane apart would love to have it hooked up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nogoodusernames View Post
    There’s a CD with drawings? I guess that’s my next step! Thanks for letting me know about that!
    Buy it here, available in a few different formats.
    https://www.shortwingpiperclub.org/s...r-drawings-cd/

The SWPC has other goodies too, and organizes local chapters and a National Fly-In.
    The Shortwing Pipers group was kind of a spin-off to create a more tech savvy site for maintaining our planes.
    Both volunteer-run organizations are worthy of your financial support to keep the internets burning brightly!
    https://www.shortwingpipers.org/rapi...rapid_join.php
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"

Post Thanks / Like

I am doing an annual on a Stinson 108-2 that was recently assembled from parts. I sure miss have the drawings to determine how it came from the factory. It’s a really nice airplane but there are some details I question.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is like all the pictures but also includes the inside deflector. It worked but was very stiff to move with the panel knob. Then something went awry. The knob and inner rod now move only a little. I can see the final connection is intact. I think the positioning of the cable has been jarred, throwing off the adjustment.

Bottom line is that I have an upholstered trim panel on the pilots side. If anyone could tell me how to remove it so I can get a look at the position of the last couple feet of the actuating cable, your input would be sincerely appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't help with pics or info on removing the upholstered panel, but I need to make a correction to my previous posts: Mine does indeed have the cable connected to the left vent with a push-pull knob on the right lower side of the IP, and the knob in the vent is there to be able to lock it closed.

I was confused, because my cable works easily enough that the vent can be operated (and the cable moved) by pulling/pushing on the locking knob at the vent!

To NewOwner: I'm not sure how much of the vent area I exposed, but when I replaced my fuel selector 11 years ago, I know I did have at least some of that upholstered area removed. As I recall it was secured with screws, some of which were hard to see, being "sunken in" to the upholstery. I'll take a look next time I'm down at the field.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The installation is pretty well depicted in Figure 10 page 24 of the Tri-Pacer Parts Catalog. https://www.univair.com/content/part...book/22pm.html

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Steve! I keep forgetting that the parts book (yep, I've got one, one of my earliest purchases -- probably on your recommendation!) is a great resource to see how things fit together.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Mine was opened for work lately.

Vent.jpg

I removed the cable a long time ago, didn't do much for me. I just use the vent open or closed even though turning the knob will also adjust how open open is as well as close it tight.
    Last edited by Jim; 10-31-2023 at 11:22 AM.