Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thread: 1960 PA-22-150 w/ 1,369 TTAE and 68 SMOH likely to part out FWF, Wings, and Fuselage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 1960 PA-22-150 w/ 1,369 TTAE and 68 SMOH likely to part out FWF, Wings, and Fuselage

Strong, smooth running weekly flyer. March annual.

After four attempts by two A&E's the rigging isn't right with the need for constant left rudder. I won't sell it whole like that.

Please review the ad on Barnstormers (Robert Walker) and let me know if you need the firewall forward or the wings.

With one income and debt to pay down, I'd like to sell her, but will not give it away.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1960 PA-22-150 w/ 1,369 TTAE and 68 SMOH likely to part out FWF, Wings, and Fuselage

Really? Made that determination before coming here and ask a few questions? Three ways to fix that. Bend the leading edge of the rudder...Steve Pierce has posted pics and instructions on how to do that... install a trim tab...which uses a piece of aluminum and two #4 or #6 sheet metal screws or install Brian’s rudder trim system.. what’s an A&E?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 1960 PA-22-150 w/ 1,369 TTAE and 68 SMOH likely to part out FWF, Wings, and Fusel

Back in the olden days, even before my time, it was Airframe & Engine mechanic; A&E. Way before automobile mechanics were mechanics, not technicians.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 1960 PA-22-150 w/ 1,369 TTAE and 68 SMOH likely to part out FWF, Wings, and Fusel

Why the drama? You're saying "you won't sell it whole like that", but it's an easy fix and you have it listed as a whole aircraft in the add.

Post Thanks / Like

...or do you have the whole aircraft for sale PLUS another ad for just an engine? I'm Confused??
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a link to Robert's ad:
    https://www.barnstormers.com/classif...ml?catid=21199
    And a video walkaround:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dbs...ature=youtu.be

1960 PA-22-150 PIPER TRI-PACER • $33,000 • NEW TO MARKET • Down to one income, need to sell and let hangar go. 1,362 TTAE; 214 SPOH; 61 SMOH. At 1,301 hours cylinder #3 failed & I opted for a complete rebuild to factory spec's w/all new Lycoming cylinders polished and balanced by Lycon +Titan valve covers for looks. New sealed struts. Stewart Wing Tips/STC. Wings are newly repainted. VHF blade antennae (one for a portable radio). Narco MK12D, Narco AT150, Garmin GDL 82 ADS-B Out, Foreflight Sentry ADS-B in. Rebuilt generator. CHT. LED lights & belly strobe. Aux Fuel tank w/elect switch on panel. Headliner good, wall panels old. VREF=$37K Spent $65K

Contact Robert Walker, Owner - located Yuma, AZ United States • Telephone:913-912-2987 • Posted October 6, 2020
    https://www.barnstormers.com/contact...php?id=1611308

I have no connection, just being helpful as I wait for an online work meeting to start.
    GG
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"

Post Thanks / Like

But he also has this ad for just the engine/firewall forward.
    https://www.barnstormers.com/classif...ible-sale.html

FIREWALL FORWARD POSSIBLE SALEMAKE OFFER • Rebuilt to factory spec's: FWF on flying O320-A2B Ser # L-10546-27 See full add in Piper PA-22-150. • Contact Robert Walker , Owner - located Yuma, AZ United States • Telephone: 913-912-2987 • Posted October 6, 2020 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This Ad
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

Well, my friends, I apologize for the drama, and thank you all for your feedback.
    As many of you may know, it is no fun to lose an income due to Covid. I had hoped for a quick sale to help pay off medical and other debt. I simply needed to be more patient.
    We corrected the rigging and the plane now flies hands-off feet-off. It's a beautiful thing! After both annual inspections and adjusted rigging, I always needed a little rudder input for even straight and level flight. Now that rudder input is no longer needed she is a pleasure to fly.
    The frame is true, and the tail is straight. One of the tail braces was loose and it was ever so slightly pulled to one side. Once the brace was tightened the tail straightened up.
    I finally sold the plane to a long-time pilot and multiple plane owner in Kansas, and had the opportunity to deliver her from Delta, CO to SE Wichita by crossing the continental divide at 13,300' over Monarch Pass. Best and smoothest flight ever, and so beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for letting us know the outcome of your plane. Hope you can still keep flying.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."