Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vermont Clipper

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vermont Clipper

Quote Originally Posted by MrBill View Post
    Now that is a great picture, seeing the full pixel one you used to show how the fabric lifts above the windscreen. A-1!
    The EAA shot that picture plus about another 300 in 09.

Post Thanks / Like

a lot of gems in this thread ! I forget who told me about the anti-theft switch, "if somebody's young enough to jump in the Clipper they won't be able to find the starter, and if they know where the starter is they're probably too old to jump in..."

good luck with your "new" plane Doyle, my sister in-law lives in Plainfield and we'll be up that way at some point... Cheers
    Last edited by blue44; 11-17-2020 at 06:12 PM.
    Donn
    1949 Clipper PA-16 O-235

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue44 View Post
    a lot of gems in this thread ! I forget who told me about the anti-theft switch, "if somebody's young enough to jump in the Clipper they won't be able to find the starter, and if they know where the starter is they're probably too old to jump in..."

good luck with your "new" plane Doyle, my sister in-law lives in Plainfield and we'll be up that way at some point... Cheers
    Hi Donn. That’s a good laugh and now I’m going to figure out what the original location was just for fun. Please give a shout when you fly to VT. I reckon KMPV is closest to Plainfield and I bet we could squeeze a second Clipper in my hangar.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Show us your Shortwing! (Pictures)

Quote Originally Posted by PA-16 View Post
    and the anti theft is the starter switch, it was down in the bottom corner under the left seat, looks like yours has something else there now, some wires coming out of what used to be the start button, I will attach a copy of a 50 Pacer poh, there is no real Clipper poh, the 1950 115 Pacer poh has lots of info that the Clipper AFM doesnt have, differences between the Clipper and Pacer but some info in the Pacer handbook is the same.
    Thanks for the link to the ‘50 Pacer POH...! That’s very helpful as I educate myself on the PA 16.

I based my ‘47 Luscombe on VT grass strips for most of the 17 years I owned it and fully understand all the advantages of flying off the lawn. But the hangar I was able to lease is at KMPV and I try to commute to Burlington as often as possible so keeping the Clipper straight on the tar is a vital skill. I fully plan to touch down on all the grass strips I can next summer, especially places that have the grass strip right next to the paved.

Thanks or all the info—so appreciated...!