Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flight instruction

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flight instruction

My insurance company is requiring 3 hours of dual instruction, including 5 full stop landings, in a PA22/20, to insure my almost complete Pacer. The instructor needs to have 750TT, 250TW and 25 hours in a PA22/20. My instructor meets all the requirements except for the 25 hours in a PA22/20.

Any instructors in the Puget Sound area willing to check me out in a PA22/20?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, mine wants something like that just for the Tripacer. I asked them to consider something more reasonable.

Post Thanks / Like

That is the exact same requirements that my insurance company had (not a big surprise since there are only 2-3 companies that underwrite aircraft policies). I got lucky in that the guy I purchased it from was an instructor and provided the 5 hours as part of the sale. If I had had to find an instructor that met the insurance company requirements I'm not sure I could have made the purchase.

Side note (cover you eyes, I'm gonna use the C word). When I checked on insurance for a C170 I would have only needed 1 hours of dual but the instructor requirements were the same.

Post Thanks / Like

I found one. Local too! I got several quotes, one required only 1 hour of dual but they were $1100/year. The one requiring 3 hours dual was $860. I suppose it is awash by the time I pay an instructor but I will need a BFR next month anyways so maybe I can kill two birds with one stone. Thanks "Throttle Pusher" for the link to Aircraft & Marine Insurance Co you posted a while back.

Post Thanks / Like

Those rates for "Everything" or liability only?

-Grant

Post Thanks / Like

$1,000,000/$100,000 Liability, $25,000 hull, $0 NIM deductible,$500 IM deductible, $3,000 med each passenger( about 5 minutes of medical treatment.. ). No gotchas that I can see.

Post Thanks / Like

Please ignore my ignorance from someone north of the 49th.... what is a BFR?
    shane

Post Thanks / Like

Biannual Flight Review. Required for all US pilots to stay current.

That does sound like a good policy. When we were on floats the deductible was $5000! I can do a lot of repairs for 5000 bucks...

Sam

Post Thanks / Like

Did you find an instructor? If not call 206 300 1197 and talk to Gene he can hook you up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Flight instruction

Does any know of a CFI in eastern Ohio for flight instruction in a piper colt?