Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New windows needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New windows needed

Hey Greg,

Those instructions are the same for your plane. If you use silicon, do not use any that smells like vinegar, it is corrosive.

Steve C.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grbamford View Post
    Brian,

I have a 1956 Tripacer that I am replacing the left pilot side window and the left rear passenger window on. Wanted to touch base, ask if these directions are still applicable. Any recommendations? Also, when I replace the windows, should I use silicon or some other sealant? Thanks,

Greg
    Those instructions are for every year Tri-Pacer.. only ones that would be different are the early slider window years. Put them in dry. Mask off the outer part of the window fabric or metal. Mask off a 1/8 inch area for silicone on the glass. Use clear silicone sealant in the masked off area, wipe with a gloved finger to make a nice thin seal. Remove the tape before the silicone completely hardens.

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LP Aeroplastic recommends and sells a urethane sealant that is also available at most hardware stores. Sticks to the polycarbonate better than silicone in my experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I ordered replacement windows from Great Lakes. Came pretty timely and were exactly what I was looking for. Went to the airport today to pull the existing windows out and use them as a template for the vista vents. While looking at the pilot's right side window, I was wondering just how much airflow I would get from the new vents. I was wondering if anyone had ever put a vent in the small fold out window on the pilot's side or had heard of anyone doing this. Thoughts?

Greg