Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Upper steering bearing fer sale B545DD

Post Thanks / Like

Default Upper steering bearing fer sale B545DD

I bought 5 bearings cheaper than some charge for one so I have 4 bearings 4 sale if'n anyone is in need. That was the idea when I bought them all.
    Will sell one for $15.50, you pay to ship. I paid $77 for 5 so I bought mine and will make .40 cents if I sell the other 4.
    Upper bearing # B545DD

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Upper steering bearing fer sale B545DD

Bill, I'm about to pull my nose wheel off for servicing. Don't know if I'll need an upper bearing or not, but in my parts book it shows that part as # 452 419. Is B545DD the same? This is on a 1956 22-150.

Walt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walt.buskey View Post
    Bill, I'm about to pull my nose wheel off for servicing. Don't know if I'll need an upper bearing or not, but in my parts book it shows that part as # 452 419. Is B545DD the same? This is on a 1956 22-150.

Walt
    Hi Walt,
    I should have added that info. Answer is yes, same part different numbers. That superseded thing.
    Shane-o (Gliderman) tells it all in this post.. https://www.shortwingpipers.org/foru...ll=1#post65628 ..and answers your question in the post below that.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Bill! I've printed up that AD description and will discuss it with my A&P when I pull the nose wheel assembly (much easier, I hope, since the engine's not there!).

Post Thanks / Like

Let me know how it goes, if it goes as easy as Pipers instructions. I have done it twice by pulling/prying it over the tops of the lower bolts that would not pound back far enough because of them hitting the rudder pedal bar. After doing it the second time I noted that if done that way again I surely would need to replace the bolts. Instructions in the owners manual tell you to pound them back flush to the edge of the engine mount. I had to peel back the lower part of the fuselage cowl and lower firewall cowl to hold the nuts for the left side rudder pedal torque tube bracket. Would have been real easy removing the nose wheel by doing both sides but one was good enough. Just by taking off that one bracket allowed the bolt to be pushed back far enough to not cause damage to it.
    Kind of wondering why they stick out further than they supposedly did back in 1959. I cannot go any shorter with the bolts. Mmm? Anyway, good luck Walt

Post Thanks / Like

Still have 2 bearings left......