Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pa-22 Colt Weight reduction

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pa-22 Colt Weight reduction

afternoon all, so im looking at a bit of weight reduction ideas to look at the option of getting my Colt in the Ra aus registration(600kgMTOW)

My colt as it sits weighs 445.5kg(982lb) i need to get to 413kg(910). now i have spoken to a couple of very knowledgeable gentlemen (thanks Kenlsa) on the subject and there are options out there and there are these colts on the register.

Looking at an option to remove starter and generator, run a simplified panel to get it across the line, among other things. is anyone running a hand start setup on a colt that might be able to provide some input?

I have been over the options available quite a bit but always looking at other potential avenues

Cheers

Rob
    Last edited by lollyfin; 01-01-2021 at 10:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pa-22 Colt Weight reduction

Lollyfin, re our conversation take a look at you tyres as there is a large variation in the makes, just go 6 ply.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenlsa View Post
    Lollyfin, re our conversation take a look at you tyres as there is a large variation in the makes, just go 6 ply.
    Ken
    ill have a look through the week and see whats what, thanks again for all your advice Ken, much appreciated

Cheers

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here is another thread on rebuilding a Colt light. https://www.shortwingpipers.org/foru...ld-a-PA22-colt

Slick mags are lighter than Bendix. Upholstery, remove springs from the seats and glue and shrink fabric to the frames in place of the springs. Remove carpet. Spinner is about 3 lbs. Instruments, vacuum pump, etc. Ounces equal pounds.