Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: N3119Z - thank you all for the amazing support

Post Thanks / Like

Default N3119Z - thank you all for the amazing support

Hi Y’all. Well, I am sorry to say that after much deliberation, I have decided to sell N3119Z. My life circumstances have changed and unfortunately that choice has meant that I have no longer have the time or ability to finish my flight training. I moved my family to a big house and some property in the mountains and to be honest, it’s going to be a bit more than they expected and the house needs a bit more work that I expected. They made this huge life change and i need to be around to help them get adjusted. With my work schedule, that’s all the time away my wife and kids can take. So that means a long postponement from flying, so keeping the plane sitting for years, especially after all the time and money I put into getting it back in good condition again. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all the support over the last year. It was truly amazing and you all pushed me to get my plane back in a condition to be proud of. I learned a ton in the process and had a blast doing it. I say this with all honesty, I am heart broken to say goodbye to this community. I was dreaming of the day of finally hitting fly in after fly it and getting to meet all of you and share stories of flying adventure. I am also heart broken to say goodbye to this dream of mine for now. Hopefully not forever though... thank you all again. You always have a place to stay and a hot meal or two here in the mountains of California, about 10 minutes from Nevada county airport. KGOO. Hit me up!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: N3119Z - thank you all for the amazing support

Bummer! It can really be a challenge to fly!

Post Thanks / Like

In my early 30's I sold my J3 to make a down payment on my dream place. For years I could not afford to own a plane but, I kept my dream alive by purchasing a PA22 project. It took 18 years get it flying. Now I have not only my dream place but I have my dream plane. Keep up the hope.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Brett, I'm bummed but I understand. I too was hoping to fly with you. It was fun bantering back and forth via text and this forum. Somebody is going to get a heck of a plane. Peace to you my friend!

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Many of us have put flying aside for years or decades...
    it may not be forever. I never imagined I might be a plane owner, yet,
    here I am.
    Best wishes in your current season! We hope to gather again - you never know

Post Thanks / Like

I can totally understand, Brett -- as you can imagine with my trials & tribulations with 57A. We've had similar setbacks, haven't we?

I, however, am comfortably retired and have the time (and just barely the $$) to pursue the remaining issue(s) with 57A... to the bitter end. And I still only have a student ticket! Oh, well, keep hangin' on.

That's beautiful country where you are! I was at the Monterey Institute of Foreign Studies in 1975 when I got married -- on the shores of Washoe Lake, where my nearest relative (much older half-brother) lived at the time. Many adventures in my '72 Blazer traversing the Donner! Still really like that area, but it has grown so much it's almost not recognizable any more. Probably better on the other side of the Sierras? Still remember the standard MIFS answer to "How to you get back to NH?" -- "Go to San Francisco, turn right; when you get to Boston, turn left."

So be sure to check in with SWPO every now & then, if just to say "Hi"!

PS -- Aerotec Engines now has both my O-320 and its logbooks, and should --hopefully-- be starting in on it soon. I'll post results as soon as I have them.

Walt

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Life is constantly changing. You will always have the things you have learned along the way to make for a better experience next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with you new home and keep looking up, visiting the airport and taking the occasional lesson if possible.

GG

And I suppose you could post a link to an ad for your plane and we can help it find a new home.
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"

Post Thanks / Like

I have bought ffschooley’s tri-pacer. Will be taking it to houston ,tx very soon. I am an ap/ia and professional pilot. I also fly a harmon rocket and boeing 737. This airplane will be sorted out completely and used for local flights, young eagle rides and to teach my daughter to fly. Stay tuned for more n3119z adventures.

Post Thanks / Like

I love a happy ending!
    Let us know what happens