Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: N3119Z - thank you all for the amazing support

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: N3119Z - thank you all for the amazing support

In contact with Titanhank. He spent the the night in Tucson. May only get to ELP today. IFR and Low IFR here in most of Texas.
    The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

Post Thanks / Like

Day 1 was kccr-kwjf-kblh-ktus. Day 2 ktus-kelp. Major winter storm in Texas. Airplane is running perfect and flies great. Really cool to see the world go by so low and slow. It brings me back to the days of flight training. I am leaving it in el paso and catching a flight home. Will be back to get it when the wx improves.

Post Thanks / Like

I got removed from aviation in 2008. About 7 years ago, purchased a 55 PA22 project and hoped it would be my path back into the air. Then we got the bright idea of moving to Costa Rica to live the exciting and exotic life of expats running a small hotel so that project got moved on. Now I have a beautiful view in an amazing place... but the tourism industry doesn't react well to ridiculous COVID measures. So now, I'm trying to sell the place and get back to Texas where I will promptly re-establish my aviation heritage in whatever way I can. Life does indeed provide the curve balls.. If it's in your blood - you'll likely find a way back to it - or it back to you. Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

Titanhank is about 30 min from 3T2 Wolfe Airpark. Our friend Sammy Bingham has some old fireworks, Roman Candles, bottle rocket, etc., he's going to shoot upon landing. No not at N3119Z. Oh yeah, we are going to get Titanhank, what does that mean anyway, to change to his name Hank Canup.
    He may think he is on a IFR flight plan, level at 5000, his CFI, CFI (me) will have to mention, Odd +500 east bound.
    Last edited by Clayton Harper; 02-19-2021 at 05:26 PM.
    Socrates

Post Thanks / Like

I was at 5500 ft just about all day. Never heard a word out of the center frequency guys i talked to.

Post Thanks / Like

10 days and 17.1 hrs to get the tripacer home due to the winter storm. Flys great.

Post Thanks / Like

Could be the ADS-b was lying to the computer. FlightAware recorded 5000 ft much of the time from KAUS to 3T2.
    Socrates

Post Thanks / Like

Lack of correspondence between the altimeter and the transponder encoder. I had that problem. Check the altimeter against a known field elevation and Baro and see. My altimeter was off, encoder was good.