Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun N Fun April 2021 or Oshkosh?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sun N Fun April 2021 or Oshkosh?

It may be too soon for me to plan to fly to either of these events but is there or will there be a way to plug into any kind of shortwing groups? I think I recall that there was a mass Cub arrival a couple of years ago into Ohskosh. I'm planning on being there (KOSH) just not certain if I'll arrive on four wheels or three..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sun N Fun April 2021 or Oshkosh?

Hi,

I'm hoping not, but I'd bet neither of those events happen again this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Sun n Fun will happen, OSH will not. This is my prediction based on what I saw, heard and experienced at the Holiday Fly In last month in Lakeland. It’s simply a Red state/Blue state thing, nothing more.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. So sad. Red vs. Blue, that is. So we'll meet in my "backyard" in Lakeland. Don't be intimidated by the rules of flying in and "executing the procedure". I have 240 hours total time flying and it was a piece of cake when I went there Dec. 5, 2020. Inbound, I had to do two 360's at the water tower for the poor controller guy trying to land two jets and a J3 in front of me. Just show up! Time to get back to normal. Lets' go. The controllers are Awesome. Talk to you like they know you. Getting in was no problem. Great air show. Cool people. When I was in the conga line taxi way leaving for the day I had a trio of big radial biplane tail draggers in front of me leaving in formation. Cool. Got a bit mesmerized by them and the controller was asking "who's next on the South side". I was slow to realize where I was on the airport and that was me. There is a north and south entrance to the east -west runway. (don't ask me the numbers right now) I answered and He was forgiving...he asked if I was ready and I replied yes, and he cleared me for TO. I rolled out and announced departure properly. Halfway down the runway at 250-300 feet in altitude or so he said, "Tri-Pacer, xxxxx, you can start your left turn". 737 Jet was one mile out for landing on my tail. Really good experience.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it will come down to a recommendation of each event's insurance carrier along with state recommendations. It depends on what the insurer is willing to accept and the levels of coverage. The state may say go but if the insurance company nixes it, it won't happen. I work at SNF, Airventure, and the Alaskan Airmans Show; the Alaska event has been taking sign ups for vendors but not taking any deposits as they don't want to have to refund money like last year. Time will tell.
    Marty57

Post Thanks / Like

I hope we get enough people vaccinated so both events can take place.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z

Post Thanks / Like

If they get canceled, there will still be Blakesburg! The biggest aviation event of 2020 had about 300 airplanes. I’m sure they will hold it this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

OSH is happening this year. I watched the webinar last night and we were assured that no matter what, OSH was happening this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay sooo all the debating aside, back to the original question... Is there or will there be a way to plug into any kind of group thing for us "Shortwingers"? Is there a secret handshake (elbow bump) or high sign?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T. Bix View Post
    Okay sooo all the debating aside, back to the original question... Is there or will there be a way to plug into any kind of group thing for us "Shortwingers"? Is there a secret handshake (elbow bump) or high sign?
    I will personally wear my "shortwingpipers.org" superior modified (crown button removed and Hand Sewn) cap as my secret decoder ring.
    -Subsonic