Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sun N Fun April 2021 or Oshkosh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sun N Fun April 2021 or Oshkosh?

I agree Juergen! I'm looking forward to some flying adventures this year.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know my schedule yet. If I have the time I might be up for it. I’ll keep it in mind. Juergen, it would be good to see you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    1957 PA-22/20 "Super Pacer" based 1H0
    Lifetime EAA member
    Vintage Aircraft Association member
    Lifetime EAA Chapter 32 member

Post Thanks / Like

I'm planning to attend, hopefully all week depending on timing of the crops and spraying over the summer. One of us will more than likely plan to participate in the arrival procedure, it sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully it goes better than '09 and the weather doesn't add to the confusion like it did then. I will have to draw straws between my wife and father for PIC on the arrival. Let's hope it all shapes up this year, as I'm past due for getting my airplane fix in for the year. Sun-N-Fun isn't an option as it's right in the midst of planting season 9 out of 10 years, this being one of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thebeerdedpilot View Post
    Question for those that have flown to OSH. This will be my first time flying and camping next to the plane at OSH. Do they always direct the vintage birds to the vintage area? Or is there the possibility that they'll park you by the north end of the field?
    "They" (I'm one of them) will park you where your sign says unless you don't qualify (i.e. homebuilt). I normally park up in the N40 with my Pacer because I volunteer up there and it makes my walk a lot shorter. Like Juergen I've ended up in "North Fond du Lac" and I don't want to get up at 0400 to volunteer at 0640! I MIGHT try to park with the other Shortwings if they have special parking for us like they did the Cubs and such over the years. As I said earlier, I won't know my schedule until about mid June, so I may not get to join in the festivities.

Jim
    Lifetime EAA member

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

My daughter Abby is a manager at Banyon Air Services pilot shop working out of Ft. Lauderdale and will be representing their services this year at Sun-n-fun. Banyon is sharing space at both locations with the Bahamas Customs Services, so, if you're interested in either pilot supplies or traveling to the Bahamas please stop in there for a visit and their freebees. I'm sure she would like it also if you just stopped in to say Hi, She's been in our Pacer since before she was born.

144903687_10103867018605911_5451449551777998091_n.jpg
    Last edited by Jim; 04-14-2021 at 06:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Watch those Super Cubs Jim.

Post Thanks / Like

So I’ve been here at sun and fun for the last two days walking all over, 10 miles a day, checking all the planes parked in GAP and VAC (vintage) and I haven’t seen or found any of you yet. I’m wearing my swpo hat. I found a very nice tri-pacer the same color as mine (sun valley ivory) for sale for $68,500. Beautiful full restoration 5 years ago. Low time engine, disc brakes, nice interior, great panel with new 6 pack steam gages and Garmin avionics mix (650 gtn, 345, g5, full IFR cert),etc. I think short wings are going up in price. As near as I can tell there are only five or 6 short wings here. Where are you guys? The weather is great, and the blue angels are rocking it in. Wish you were here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Had to miss this year, hopefully be back next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hann View Post
    I MIGHT try to park with the other Shortwings if they have special parking for us like they did the Cubs and such over the years...
    Jim is it for real that the featured model this year is the SWP ? Heard it a couple of times but haven't seen it in print yet... Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue44 View Post
    Jim is it for real that the featured model this year is the SWP ? Heard it a couple of times but haven't seen it in print yet... Cheers
    Yes, it was in the last issue of the Vintage Aircraft magazine. It's called "22s in 21" as of now. Clipped this from the VAA website.
    Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 5.03.19 PM.jpg
    Lifetime EAA member