Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sun N Fun April 2021 or Oshkosh?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sun N Fun April 2021 or Oshkosh?

Quote Originally Posted by thebeerdedpilot View Post
    Question for those that have flown to OSH. This will be my first time flying and camping next to the plane at OSH. Do they always direct the vintage birds to the vintage area? Or is there the possibility that they'll park you by the north end of the field?
    Make sure you read the notam and understand it. There are youtubes of people flying in, watch a few. When you make your signs use card stock not paper and make them large and bold. Imagine your the marshaller trying to understand a half folded over piece of paper scribbled in route. I'm usually in the back seat of a RV8 with the canopy open trying to hold up my signs in the prop blast.
    -Super Stub-

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post

That's a great link. I hadn't seen it yet. Gives you a good feeling that they are trying to get us back together. I'm looking forward to parking in a forest of Shortwings.....

Post Thanks / Like

Okay guys, here is what is planned right now from the SWPC. The convention will be held at Lock Haven on June 21 through 25 along with Sentimental Journey, providing the state of Pennsylvania allows it to happen. Then we will stage at Baraboo WI for our arrival into OSH. Starting July 21 we will be arriving at KDLL with a brief on Friday July 23 for our departure into OSH on Saturday morning. As Gilbert pointed out, we will launch airplanes at 1 minute intervals to provide spacing and a continuous trail of Short Wing Pipers into Oshkosh. The first 50 planes will parked as a group in Vintage. As long as this Covid thing doesn't get in the way, we will have a really good time this year. A lot of people have been working on this for a long time and we hope to get as many people to attend as possible and make this a really good year of friends and fellowship!

More detail will come soon,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thinking of becoming a volunter at Oshkosh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wag-builder View Post
    Okay guys, here is what is planned right now from the SWPC. The convention will be held at Lock Haven on June 21 through 25 along with Sentimental Journey, providing the state of Pennsylvania allows it to happen. Then we will stage at Baraboo WI for our arrival into OSH. Starting July 21 we will be arriving at KDLL with a brief on Friday July 23 for our departure into OSH on Saturday morning. As Gilbert pointed out, we will launch airplanes at 1 minute intervals to provide spacing and a continuous trail of Short Wing Pipers into Oshkosh. The first 50 planes will parked as a group in Vintage. As long as this Covid thing doesn't get in the way, we will have a really good time this year. A lot of people have been working on this for a long time and we hope to get as many people to attend as possible and make this a really good year of friends and fellowship!

More detail will come soon,

Steve
    Like Jeurgen, I'm putting together some summer flying plans. Having never been to OSH, I'd like to really make this happen this year. Just need to find someone willing to fly shotgun fron Denver. Any other Shortwingers coming from this direction for a flight of 2 or more?

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Ryd View Post
    Like Jeurgen, I'm putting together some summer flying plans. Having never been to OSH, I'd like to really make this happen this year. Just need to find someone willing to fly shotgun fron Denver. Any other Shortwingers coming from this direction for a flight of 2 or more?

Jan
    I would definitely meet up with others somewhere in Wisco. I'm about an hour from OSH.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking of flying up to Baraboo KDLL on the 22nd or 23rd, then fly into OSH on Saturday. Really! Just two of us interested?

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

I have my calendar blocked to come up to KDLL and then stay at OSH the whole week. I’ll fly to OSH in June for a “work week” to help prepare the grounds.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm in the midst of changing jobs/locations this summer. As soon as I know my schedule I'll be in or out. Sound ambiguous? Sure seems the way things are going this year.... Interested...heck yeah!

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Greg, would be nice to hook up again. It has been awhile.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z