Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Throttle cable

Post Thanks / Like

Default Throttle cable

Trying to rig an o-320 on a 1950 pacer. Anyone have pictures or tips about how they rigged the throttle cable around the controls, where they went through the firewall, AND WHAT SIZE CABLE you used ?

THANKS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Throttle cable

I would also be interested in the answers to this one as well as the length of an original Tripacer throttle cable.
    I am assuming the throttle cables for a PA-20, PA-22 prior to moving the instrument panel fwd on the later models.
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Throttle cable

Quote Originally Posted by Edwinf View Post
    Trying to rig an o-320 on a 1950 pacer. Anyone have pictures or tips about how they rigged the throttle cable around the controls, where they went through the firewall, AND WHAT SIZE CABLE you used ?

THANKS
    Do you have the drawing CD from the Short Wing Piper Club? Drawing 12690 shows firewall forward, routing and attachments. McFarland and Univair carry the throttle cable. I am not sure the length. Looks like the throttle and mixture go straight across to the back side of the firewall and out to the front side through a hole above and to the right of the cabin heat box.