Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ordering sealed struts and some things for the annual on my PA16 Clipper

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ordering sealed struts and some things for the annual on my PA16 Clipper

I don’t have one to look at. Are the Piper bolt heads marked with standard markings?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ordering sealed struts and some things for the annual on my PA16 Clipper

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff J View Post
    I donít have one to look at. Are the Piper bolt heads marked with standard markings?
    Piper stamped them, dont know what univair bolts look like

Post Thanks / Like

What about forks, is there more than one type to choose from which fit the struts from univair?

Should these spacers be replaced as well?
    U15631 - 002 Spacers - Lift strut fitting - Front spar
    U15631 - 003 Spacers - Lift strut fitting - Rear spar
    Last edited by JohnD; 04-05-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

The 15631-002 spaces the aileron pulley bracket. It is also used on the front spar where the Compression strut attaches No stress on the spacer, so unless corrosion or other damage, no reason to change it. the 15631-3 is used where the compression strut attaches to the rear spar. Again, no stress on these parts as they just space things out. If no corrosion or other damage, no reason to replace.

If you are ordering new struts, they should come with new forks.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you