Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Subjects often in the POH...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Subjects often in the POH...

Quote Originally Posted by dgapilot View Post
    Something everyone needs to understand, for the short wing pipers, there is a FAA Approved Flight Manual for each specific model. That flight manual (usually only 3 or 4 pages) is written to meet the specific regulatory requirements for certification. It is a required part of the airplane and needs to be there when the aircraft is being operated.
    Ah. I did not know this. I've got the POH in the back of the seat all the time, but didn't know only a few pages of it was the required bit. I'm guessing that even though mine is converted to a taildragger and has an O-320, the regulation would require that I have a PA-22-135 specific flight manual in the airplane?

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Geller View Post
    I did a quick search of PA22 Flight Manual:[...]
    Thanks! I'm going to look through these links.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Subjects often in the POH...

Quote Originally Posted by nogoodusernames View Post
    Ah. I did not know this. I've got the POH in the back of the seat all the time, but didn't know only a few pages of it was the required bit. I'm guessing that even though mine is converted to a taildragger and has an O-320, the regulation would require that I have a PA-22-135 specific flight manual in the airplane?

Thanks! I'm going to look through these links.
    The CAA Approved Flight Manual is not “a couple pages” from the owners handbook, it is a completely different document.

Since you have a couple STCs on your airplane, there are likely Flight Manual Supplements associated with those STCs. You need to read the STC documentation to find out if there is one required. I’m surprised your IA hasn’t checked that the Flight Manual and required Supplements are there during your annual inspection, it should be part of the inspection. Just looked and the Univair gear STC requires a supplement, and the Svenns O-320 STC also requires a supplement. Not sure about other O-320 STCs, but suspect they also require supplements.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dgapilot; 03-23-2021 at 07:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

PA-15 PA-16 and PA-20-115 AFM downloads are at the maintenance depo http://ohio.shortwingpiperclub.org/M...epot/misc.html

Post Thanks / Like

Another good source for developing statistics for your own aircraft AC90-89B. Experimental flight testing handbook.
    Last edited by J Ryd; 03-23-2021 at 10:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was unaware that there was a Flight Manual in addition to the owners manual. Just ordered it from Wagaero. Very helpful and friendly. Help desk called within an hour of my online order and asked if I was in a hurry for a document that cost me five dollars. She didn't want to see me spend seventeen dollars in shipping.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grbamford View Post
    I was unaware that there was a Flight Manual in addition to the owners manual. Just ordered it from Wagaero. Very helpful and friendly. Help desk called within an hour of my online order and asked if I was in a hurry for a document that cost me five dollars. She didn't want to see me spend seventeen dollars in shipping.

Greg
    Most of them can be found on the internet as pdf files. Suggest you look at the Type Certificate Data Sheet available at rgl.FAA.gov , it will specify what flight manual you need for your specific airplane, and what supplements (original Piper) are also available. Then go through your maintenance records and read each STC to determine what supplements are required for your installed STCs. If you don’t have copies of your STCs, most of them can be found on that same web site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgapilot View Post
    The CAA Approved Flight Manual is not “a couple pages” from the owners handbook, it is a completely different document.

Since you have a couple STCs on your airplane, there are likely Flight Manual Supplements associated with those STCs. You need to read the STC documentation to find out if there is one required. I’m surprised your IA hasn’t checked that the Flight Manual and required Supplements are there during your annual inspection, it should be part of the inspection. Just looked and the Univair gear STC requires a supplement, and the Svenns O-320 STC also requires a supplement. Not sure about other O-320 STCs, but suspect they also require supplements.
    Okay, I took a look at the listing for the Wagaero document mentioned a couple of posts ago. I am 90% (at least) sure that the document (or at least the document in the picture) on the Wagaero site is bound together with my POH in the seat pocket. I'll need to check next time I go visit the airport. I've got all my STCs and supplements also, but most of the supplements cover several airplanes and aren't all that specific regarding things other than weight/balance.

Also, I haven't had an annual, or found an IA for that matter, since I purchased the plane about seven months ago.
    Last edited by nogoodusernames; 03-24-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

No idea bout quality or authenticity of Wag Aero Flight manual reprints. I think Univair is a safer bet if you can’t find a pdf for the correct one for your airplane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I was missing my Flight manual when I purchased my TP in 2019. I went thru Piper and purchased a copy of the original. Had the N-number printed ...well, original.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrBill View Post
    I was missing my Flight manual when I purchased my TP in 2019. I went thru Piper and purchased a copy of the original. Had the N-number printed ...well, original.
    What did Piper charge for that if you don't mind me asking?