Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: PA-22 Fuel Sender

Post Thanks / Like

Default PA-22 Fuel Sender

Am in need of a good working fuel sender or where to send for repair. Some times it reads correct, some times M.T.
    I have check both the ground and gage, both are as should be.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PA-22 Fuel Sender

Quote Originally Posted by C175SKYLARK View Post
    Am in need of a good working fuel sender or where to send for repair. Some times it reads correct, some times M.T.
    I have check both the ground and gage, both are as should be.
    A note to the group; I discovered my problem, as I said in previous post, (above), gage & ground were as they should be. The problem I discovered, when I removed the fuel sender from the tank, bench testing, worked perfect. My problem............

THE FLOAT (Brass) WAS LEAKING. Was over half full of fuel. Has 2 small pin holes, one on end and another under the bail in the recess.
    I fortunately have a replacement on hand.

By the way, was able to remove sender, tank in place, without distorting the butt rib. It did not have the rubber/stainless washer's
    installed.