Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Cessna 150F

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cessna 150F

1966 Cessna 150F
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Cessna 150F

looks nice! I learned to fly in one

Post Thanks / Like

Good planes. There seemed to be more of them around back in the 80's. I get on flightaware and rarely see them around here ... the mile high Denver area. I did my flight review in one. I showed up with it full of fuel on a hot July day not knowing my FAA man weighed .. I forgot but it was a tight squeeze for me and the fat man. Just barely in the limits.
    You can get good money for those nowadays.

Post Thanks / Like

Flight review or check ride?
    Either way a funny story

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I said review. No it was the check ride for my private. 1st big wig FAA encounter. BIG wig.

Post Thanks / Like

First time I flew in one, before I had my ticket, I looked over to the pilot and said, is it supposed climb this slow?

laughing now cause I'm actually looking for an early one, E model or older. With my broken foot I realized I need somthing I can move around without hurting myself. Was looking at a 182 but figured it wasn't going to work. Co polit weighs 116 and I'm down to 170 so at lest we can carry a small dog or a sack lunch with full fuel

Oh ya, sold the Batplane this winter to a young guy, motivated, kid flies for Don Lee's Ak floats and skis, so I'm expecting to see black parts on Don's planes any day

Shoot me a PM if anyone knows of an ugly one down south please.

Rocket

Post Thanks / Like

rocket, didn't you used to have a 182?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andya View Post
    rocket, didn't you used to have a 182?
    Ah yes, one of those mysteries of life, budy of mine did her in, fast forward about a year and half and I was in his, cause I had lifetime flying rights if you get my drift, any way had an engine inssue in his, then won the only one power line for miles lottery... Was funny cause at first the NTSB was asking if I was landing on the highway near the sheep creek lodge for a burger. I got shaken up some, laying on the road with blood on my face wondering if I was going to stroke out. Turned out I just tore some back muscles from holding on too tight and a tiny cut above my eye from my glass frame. Was up in the air two weeks later in the Batplane over a rather inhospitable part of the sate and started to loose a mag, hit newest on my GPS, Willow it was, taxied up to Trimmers and said find what's wrong, sell it, or burn it. He replies, ah you just got shot in your boots. He was right, filled to the brim, that 14 minutes in the Batplane did more to shake me up then whacking into the road wrapped up in power lines. About a year later, FINLY shook the **** out of my boots and the Batplane made metal... She sat for a year, coved, moose, found a kid who wanted her, 5k for the works cause otherwise she would have rotted away in the trees...

Would rather have a 182 but realized that after that moose jacked me last April, almost a year now and I can sort of walk, realized that even with 21 pieces of titanium in my foot I'll never be able to push the big girl around the tarmac. So I'm in the market for an early Cessna 150, I'll pretend it's got an O470 in at and make airplane noises as it put puts into the sky...

I get my second jab on Wednesday, then two weeks for Vm, then off to see Dr Petra to see if she will let me fly again. Mostly hoop jumping cause of the medications etc but I suppose I'll need to demonstrate that I can exercise a rudder pedal. I don't know why though, don't recall needing to use one much in a spam can

Rocket
    Last edited by rocket; 03-28-2021 at 07:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well if you are intent on a 150 look for one with the O-320, should be the right engine to get out of anywhere you might want to go. Good luck with the Doc's