Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sliding seats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sliding seats

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Geller View Post
    '50~55 model year Tri-Pacers had bench front seat, D rear windows, low instrument panel with radios on far left side, and the master cylinder was on the engine mount. The '55 had only 150 hp O-320

Beginning in '56 model year, they had split front seats, home plate rear windows, humped instrument panel with (sorta) six pack flight instruments and center stack radio, the panel was moved forward ~2", master cylinder under the front seat, starter gets a relay, and improved door latches and locks. Swoopy paint schemes like the Comanche. And choice of 150 or 160 hp.

Sent from my SM-G955U using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app
    You have to be a little careful with assigning features to a model year with planes. They become the model year of whatever year they were first registered.

For instance, my plane is a 1954 on all paper work and to the FAA. It was built in Nov or Dec of '54 and registered at the end of December '54. It has 13 rib wings, 170mph Vne and 2000lb gross weight. Features typically associated with 1955 models. I have seen 1955 model year planes with lower serial numbers than my 1954.

If you have the Pacer drawing CD you can look up the serial number to see how a plane was originally built.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sliding seats

Quote Originally Posted by moto657 View Post
    You have to be a little careful with assigning features to a model year with planes. They become the model year of whatever year they were first registered.

For instance, my plane is a 1954 on all paper work and to the FAA. It was built in Nov or Dec of '54 and registered at the end of December '54. It has 13 rib wings, 170mph Vne and 2000lb gross weight. Features typically associated with 1955 models. I have seen 1955 model year planes with lower serial numbers than my 1954.

If you have the Pacer drawing CD you can look up the serial number to see how a plane was originally built.
    Yea, serial number is more the deciding factor.