Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tripacer tire recommendation

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tripacer tire recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by J Ryd View Post
    Did you have the 6ply as well? I bought a set of Desser 600×6 retread 4ply. I guess time will tell?

Jan
    Question is, do the 6 PLY need more pressure? Or the 22 PSI as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Do not but 42psi in your Tripacer mains. Or more then the, I think it's 17psi for the nose per the POH, she turns into a squarely untamable bitc h with too much air in the tires...

you've been warned.

back to lurk mode...

Rocket

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use more psi than the POH recommends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I see no reason to put more air pressure in a 6 ply than a 4 ply. 6 ply usually end up having a stiffer sidewall anyway. I have always used the recommended tire pressures on the 600x6 tires without issue.

Post Thanks / Like

good to hear. I´ll contact the dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Already wrote this down from our previous exchanges. Desser retreads. Putting together a list of items to cover with Big River Aviation. Thanks for all the input, Jim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    I see no reason to put more air pressure in a 6 ply than a 4 ply. 6 ply usually end up having a stiffer sidewall anyway. I have always used the recommended tire pressures on the 600x6 tires without issue.
    Steve, is there a STC to use 6 PLY? Aircraftspru... now says that I bought the wrong tyre, 6 instead of 4 PLY. So I did two mistakes: wrong PLY and wrong tyre pressure. 22 PSI on 6 PLY tires will destroy them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NRW-Aviator View Post
    Steve, is there a STC to use 6 PLY? Aircraftspru... now says that I bought the wrong tyre, 6 instead of 4 PLY. So I did two mistakes: wrong PLY and wrong tyre pressure. 22 PSI on 6 PLY tires will destroy them.
    Shouldn't be any issue using 6 ply at 22psi. Don't know where you got the info that it would destroy them. Tire inflation is a function of the loading on the tire, not the ply rating. Tires will have a maximum inflation pressure noted, but not a minimum inflation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgapilot View Post
    Shouldn't be any issue using 6 ply at 22psi. Don't know where you got the info that it would destroy them. Tire inflation is a function of the loading on the tire, not the ply rating. Tires will have a maximum inflation pressure noted, but not a minimum inflation.
    All of my tires are 6 ply. Never had any problem other than my nose wheel is worn out. I use recommended pressure. Rocket is right, too much pressure and you will have an exciting landing if you're not careful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgapilot View Post
    Aircraftspruc said that, because Desser told them. I try to ask for a guaranty case.