Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tripacers CG and EWT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tripacers CG and EWT

1187 lbs. 9.86 cg

Post Thanks / Like

I weighed my 1955 PA22-150 last month, all tanks empty, and subtracted the weight of five qts of oil, that comes to 1179 lbs.
    I haven't done the W&B calculations because I've been working like a dog, and also I hate math and I'm lazy.

GG
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Geller View Post
    I hate math and I'm lazy.

GG
    I think you and I could be friends....

Post Thanks / Like

1136.5 pounds 9.9" - Original data from factory for my 1956 PA22-150 with deluxe panel, no wheel pants. I don't know if that was without oil, but suspect that it was. I think the contributions to changes in that weight over the last 65 years include recovering in Ceconite, which removes weight (-18?), but add some weight back for changing the color of the plane (+10?). Then replacement of the original heavy AN type gauges with more modern instrumentation making it lighter (-5?), but adding ADS-B in and out (+5?), and add some more pounds for the addition of wheel pants (+15?). Will be weighing it soon...hope this helps. What are you up to, Clayton? Spreadsheet?
    -Subsonic
    Last edited by Subsonic; 04-25-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subsonic View Post
    1136.5 pounds 9.9" - Original data from factory for my 1956 PA22-150 with deluxe panel, no wheel pants. I don't know if that was without oil, but suspect that it was. I think the contributions to changes in that weight over the last 65 years include recovering in Ceconite, which removes weight (-18?), but add some weight back for changing the color of the plane (+10?). Then replacement of the original heavy AN type gauges with more modern instrumentation making it lighter (-5?), but adding ADS-B in and out (+5?), and add some more pounds for the addition of wheel pants (+15?). Will be weighing it soon...hope this helps. What are you up to, Clayton? Spreadsheet?
    -Subsonic
    No, I'm collecting data for the FAA to report all of you. Nah, Spreadsheet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton Harper View Post
    No, I'm collecting data for the FAA to report all of you. Nah, Spreadsheet.
    Nice..... Clayton.

Sub, let us know how the actual W and B comes out. I found that years of calculating W and B to be way off. Good luck.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."