Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easy Way to Cut Open an Oil Filter

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Easy Way to Cut Open an Oil Filter

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce View Post
    You can a drill to the list as I once drilled thru a finger.
    I did the same thing. I drilled right into the first joint of the first finger on my left hand. The Dr. said something about my lack of intelligence.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=59pacer;132840]I use an old bread knife that has a scalloped edge to cut through the element, then a pair of long side cutters to grip and twist/lever out the metal strip joiner. The element comes out in one piece.
    The knife then gets washed and put back in the cutlery drawer and the missus is none the wiser.

Reminds me of the time I heated up a transfer case for a Jeep in the oven to press in some bearings while the future second ex wife was at work. She came home, sniffed the air in the house and declared it smelled like car parts..... Busted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VMOMMO View Post
    Reminds me of the time I heated up a transfer case for a Jeep in the oven to press in some bearings while the future second ex wife was at work. She came home, sniffed the air in the house and declared it smelled like car parts..... Busted.
    I just disassembled one of mine. Had to tear the roller cage off the front output bearing and make the race glow to get it off the shaft. I had to use either the press or pullers to get everything else apart. No access to that front one for anything but a hot wrench and pry bar. What a PITA!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce View Post
    You can a drill to the list as I once drilled thru a finger.
    Add a wing trailing edge tot the list especially when wearing a hat LOL

Sent from my iPhone using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app