Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PA-22-135 Project Plane

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PA-22-135 Project Plane

It’s been longer than I thought when I made the post. I moved here in 2006 and I had the prop installed before that. Time sure flies. The PA20 had a field approved 160HP with CSP when I bought it. Best thing I ever did for the airplane was lose the CSP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    They won't field approve a prop change but Sensenich is talking about Type Certifying the prop and they are talking about an STC after the PA18-150 and 160 is STC'd.

PA18 electrical system is the same as the PA22.

How many people did it take to push up the ramp? Helped unload a J3 hauled that way but gravity was on our side.
    I've seen PA-18 schematics that use a master solenoid with a switch in the cockpit, as opposed to the two-fuse setup in the PA-22 with the master under the seat.

3 to push it up the ramp, but we had rope and pulleys. I think we had 4 helping on the way down tho. The big trick was getting the tail to dip under the door (since tripacer).

Post Thanks / Like

Svenns Aviation light weight battery STC has included an option to install dual Solenoid system… Pretty simple to do and no need for a field approval..

My engine STC is limited to only the 0-360 A1P and I am out of exhaust systems.. only sold 3 STC for that and had 5 systems made.. one I sold to a guy who wanted it for his experimental and the 4th went on the prototype airplane that we used for the certification… I’m at the point where I will probably permanently shelve that STC until one day where I can get more engine models approved..

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stevesaircraft(Bri) View Post
    Svenns Aviation light weight battery STC has included an option to install dual Solenoid system… Pretty simple to do and no need for a field approval..

Brian

In addition to the solenoids, Svenns STC allows you to relocate that big start button from under the pilots seat. I put a Cessna "push to start" button on the lower panel along with SPST switches for the mags to replace that expensive TCM turn to start switch. Also Texas Skyways has an STC for a starter engaged light. The fabricated box for the start and master solenoids used on Svenn's STC is a great place to mount fuse for the Texas Skyways STC. I also thought you could add another fuse to that panel and wire in the overhead dome light. hot to the battery buss.
    Attached Images Attached Images