Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Source for oil pressure/temperature gauge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Source for oil pressure/temperature gauge

I've got the wrong gauge in my Pacer panel. Without going into detail, does anyone have a source for a certified combination oil pressure/temperature gauge (like it had originally)? I'd like it to not be electric, but there are worse things in the world.

Thanks all.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Source for oil pressure/temperature gauge

Kurt Grasso has a lot of parts for these planes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The only vendor I know is Wag Aero and they are cheap Chinese knockoffs. I have a couple of originals.

Post Thanks / Like

Check eBay, I've seen some on there when I was looking for one. I ended up with one of the cheap knockoffs as Steve stated above as it was much faster than sending my original to Lock Haven to be rebuilt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nogoodusernames View Post
    I've got the wrong gauge in my Pacer panel. Without going into detail, does anyone have a source for a certified combination oil pressure/temperature gauge (like it had originally)? I'd like it to not be electric, but there are worse things in the world.

Thanks all.
    Air parts of lock haven has them listed in their catalog. http://www.airpartsoflockhaven.com/engine-gauges US gauge two in one. See if they sell outright units or buy a core from Steve and have it rebuilt. They did mine in two weeks. Very happy with the quality and accuracy and TSO approval. Still cheaper than upgrading to EI electronic .

Post Thanks / Like

I have a running take out if your ok with used.

Sent from my SM-G930V using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I'm perfectly happy with used!

As an aside, does anyone like 3-in-1 gauges with cylinder head temp in the same gauge?

I might call up Air Parts of Lock Haven tomorrow, and I see a 3-in-1 gauge on their website that I think looks pretty nice and should fit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nogoodusernames View Post
    I'm perfectly happy with used!

As an aside, does anyone like 3-in-1 gauges with cylinder head temp in the same gauge?

I might call up Air Parts of Lock Haven tomorrow, and I see a 3-in-1 gauge on their website that I think looks pretty nice and should fit.
    I looked into that gauge as well. One of the probes is a MS28034-1 oil temp bulb. Currently Spruce wants $895.00 just for the bulb. You will also have to pay to have the range markings put on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabondblues View Post
    Currently Spruce wants $895.00 just for the bulb. You will also have to pay to have the range markings put on.
    Oh good grief... Maybe electric is the way to go...

Or maybe an independent CHT is not a bad option.

My current gauge is a four-in-one. Sometime in the distant past, someone put in a CHT, oil temperature, oil pressure, and fuel pressure gauge. I can't figure out how to get the fuel pressure gauge to work.

Post Thanks / Like

Alcor now has a rotary switch adapter that turns a single 2 1/4 cht gauge into a multiprobe system.https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...ickkey=8012742

I removed the compass from the panel and installed the Alcor with rotary switch. Relocated the compass to the glaresheild.

The old 3 in 1 and 4 in 1 systems were installed on Piper twins Apache, Aztec... by Norwich, I think... Today they are RC Allen units. The 4 in 1 with fuel pressure was for fuel injected engines which usually tapped into the fuel bypass valve on the engine driven pump. That way you could see the boost pump pressure when it was on and the engine was not turning. After start the engine driven pump supplied the pressure to the unit.
    Last edited by Vagabondblues; 06-08-2021 at 05:28 PM.