Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 57A going back together

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 57A going back together

Quote Originally Posted by gliderman View Post
    Hi Walt
    please get that airplane in the air- the suspense is is making my hair even greyer LOL
    Shane
    Ok I"m now bald and grey.........

Post Thanks / Like

Andy (A&P/IA) will pick up his electric kit and scales from his shop in Post Mills, VT (about 45 miles away from the hangar) on Monday, then he and I will get back together on Tuesday to finish connecting power & ground to my new CHT gauge -- then I get a lesson in weight & balance. After that we'll see about shifting some planes around in the community hangar so mine will at least be closer to the front, if we don't pull it out & start it up.

I think it'll clear the 180 that's in the other back corner (sad tale -- a prop strike on a landing light, so the engine left for Aerotec last week for a tear-down & crank inspection), but a Pietenpol, an RV-6 (for sale due to medical reasons, another sad story), and two 152s will all have to be pulled out & re-positioned, unless we can get the field's large John Deere tractor/mower to move out of the hangar (grrrrr...).

It's interesting that the last time that engine was run was just after I finished -- or so I thought -- all the "firewall forward" stuff the last time. I was so happy I made a cardboard sign ("IT RUNS!!") and stuck it on the plane for all to see, as that was the first time it had run in 6-1/2 years. That sign's still sitting on the rear seat, dated June 27, 2020, almost 2 years to the day....

DSC08726.jpg DSC08729.jpg DSC08730.jpg DSC08734.jpg

I've said it before but I'll repeat -- THANKS to everybody on this forum who has helped, offered insight, corrected my mistakes, educated and supported me over the years. (I REALLY wish I'd joined this forum BEFORE I bought 57A....)
    Last edited by walt.buskey; 06-19-2022 at 12:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gliderman View Post
    Ok I"m now bald and grey.........
    Uh... I think you were bald and grey? But now I'm grey. FLY THAT THING!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Had some help today, so I took advantage of it. All planes but the 180 were pulled out then re-arranged. 57A has now felt the sunshine for the first time in 2 years...and is now front & center, waiting for the last-minute things. Finally!

PS -- remembered the camera today, so here are some shots of the oil cooler. Still looks cock-eyed, but at least it's not hitting anything now!

Attachment 20831 Attachment 20832 Attachment 20833 Attachment 20834 Attachment 20835

PPS -- Yeah, that's me in the pic above... talk about a PITA -- I'm 73 but people think I'm 55. Believe me, that's not always a good thing! But yeah, I do have some grey....

Post Thanks / Like

Try posting those again Walt

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what went wrong, but here are a couple of redux on the oil cooler pics:

DSC00237.JPG DSC00238.JPG DSC00239.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

B&C made an eccentric bushing for their oil cooler/alternator bracket that is included in their STC'd alternator kit because they seemed to all be different.

Post Thanks / Like

Fingers crossed... Today I'm supposed to meet with my A&P to cover the last few things... then I think we're going to pull it out and start it. What, me? Nervous??

Post Thanks / Like

Deep breath, and then bask in the sunshine and AVgas fumes. We are all wishing you the best day! (And saying a little prayer too). Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good luck today Walt!