Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can’t fly her….. but she looks pretty!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can’t fly her….. but she looks pretty!

So, after a year of owning this beauty…. Still not able to find anyone that can help me with my tail wheel endorsement…. The least I can do is keep her ready for the Prom!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can’t fly her….. but she looks pretty!

Where at in Oregon? It might be too far away, but I know a couple people in E. WA that may be able to help. I was in the same predicament a couple years ago.... I had a Pacer for a year before I got endorsed to fly it. It's frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m in the Portland area. Got someone that I am hoping to connect with over the next month, but if that falls through, may reach out to ya for their contact info! I hate to see her sit for so long!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by didja View Post
    I’m in the Portland area. Got someone that I am hoping to connect with over the next month, but if that falls through, may reach out to ya for their contact info! I hate to see her sit for so long!
    There is an awesome instructor at Grove(1W1) that trains in his Cub and owns a Pacer. It's who I got my PPL from. PM me if you want contact info.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Didja,
    I sent you a PM with contact info for my CFI near Hillsboro, he can help you out.
    When you get up to speed, drop in at Hangar Bravo Three at KHIO NE Tees and let us meet you and see your plane.

GG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"

Post Thanks / Like

I am hopefully going to be connecting with a guy today at Lenhardt airfield to set up some training in the near future. If that doesnt work out I will reach out to you all for contact info. I appreciate the help! Problem I run into is that I need someone with a tail wheel that can carry weight! I'm not a small guy! In fact, I am going to have a hard time finding someone less than 130 pounds to check me out in the Vagabond for transition training! hahahaha!!!

Glen - As soon as I can get her up in the air, I will reach out to ya and see if we can meet up! Would be nice to see some of those planes!

Post Thanks / Like

Finally soloed my Pacer last week after it's restoration, the first engine break-in flight was in Oct 2020. I now have 10 hrs on the tach and I am feeling more confident with a few really good landings in no wind conditions. Most instructors did not like the no copilot brakes set up, but I'm good to go now. DSC_8586.JPG
    Bob Didisse, McCall, ID.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that’s a good lookin bird!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idahopacer View Post
    Finally soloed my Pacer last week after it's restoration, the first engine break-in flight was in Oct 2020. I now have 10 hrs on the tach and I am feeling more confident with a few really good landings in no wind conditions. Most instructors did not like the no copilot brakes set up, but I'm good to go now. DSC_8586.JPG
    Nice looking Pacer, you will enjoy it. I’ll be coming out to Johnson Creek middle of August.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by idahopacer View Post
    Finally soloed my Pacer last week after it's restoration, the first engine break-in flight was in Oct 2020. I now have 10 hrs on the tach and I am feeling more confident with a few really good landings in no wind conditions. Most instructors did not like the no copilot brakes set up, but I'm good to go now.
    DSC_8586.JPG
    That is great to hear Bob.